Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carrick-on-Suir Triathlon 17/7/10

• 05-02-2010 5:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Entry for the Carrick-on-Suir Triathlon is now open. The race takes place on Saturday 17th of July.

As usual we run two events, a standard sprint distance Triathlon (750m Swim, 20k Bike, 5k Run) and a Try-athlon (500m Swim, 20k Bike, 5k Run). Relay teams will only be allowed enter the Try-athlon.

To enter online please make your way to our brand spanking new website!

http://carricktriathlon.com/carrick-triathlon-2010.html

Prices are €37.50 for individual entry, €12 for juniors and €66 for a relay team of 3. Please note that this price is inclusive of a service charges.

Hope to see you there.

Jonathan

Rate this race based on, Scenery, PB potential, Atmosphere, Value, Organisation 0 votes

5 stars (excellent)
    0%
    4 stars (good)
    0%
    3 stars (average)
    0%
    2 stars (poor)
    0%
    1 star (terrible)
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Just noticed there is a problem with signing up to our Triathlon event with Internet Explorer. Some people have had trouble selecting which entry in the radio button list. This should be sorted by tomorrow morning. If you don't want to wait the registration form is working fine with Firefox.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Just to clarify that this problem is now fixed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Will there be a duathlon in Rathgormack this year as i don't see a date yet for one? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 textmissing

will there be a free t shirt?? :P :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭blind_hurler

looking forward to this tomorrow... hope the rain stays off...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭nutzzz123

looking forward to this tomorrow... hope the rain stays off...

its meant to be fine tomorrow

great stuff... I hate biking in the rain :rolleyes:

Hope everyone enjoyed the race. The weather was good for a change and I got roasted marshalling!

Provisional Results are now available at our website.

www.carricktriathlon.com

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Thanks for a great first tri experience. Boy was I glad of the current in that river! Ye got a great friendly crew there, totally recommend this event. And the sun was a bonus too. :)

yeah enjoyed the race and have a big red face thanks to the lovely sunshine hope you can organise that to appear again next year as I'll be back :)

I liked the touch of the jacket in the goodie bag makes a nice change from the t-shirts!!!

• Advertisement

great triathlon, agree about the jacket, great idea.
    Plenty of marshalls too. The weather was perfect and a nice little crowd at the finish line.

Well done Carrick Triathlon Club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭DustyBin

Really enjoyed this race at the weekend, the guy on the loud speaker was good fun if a little bit cracked!! Was he the same guy that MC'd the Dunmore East Triathlon? Sounded like him.
    Really good buzz about the place, and that park for transition beside the river creats a lovely setting for participants and spectators both.
    Well organised and there didn't seem to be any hitches during the day.
    Only small gripe was that there were no distance markers on either the bike or the run. Every 5k on the bike and every 1k on the run would have been nice. But overall a great race and a great day.

DustyBin wrote: »
    Really enjoyed this race at the weekend, the guy on the loud speaker was good fun if a little bit cracked!! Was he the same guy that MC'd the Dunmore East Triathlon? Sounded like him.
    Really good buzz about the place, and that park for transition beside the river creats a lovely setting for participants and spectators both.
    Well organised and there didn't seem to be any hitches during the day.
    Only small gripe was that there were no distance markers on either the bike or the run. Every 5k on the bike and every 1k on the run would have been nice. But overall a great race and a great day.

Thats him, Fintan Walsh. He does most of the races in waterford city. Quite a character!

Agree on the markers, but at least on the run you knew when you reached halfway. Well done on a great time btw DustyBin, and it was nice to meet you on the day. :)

I'll pass on the suggestion about distance markers to the club committee. Hopefully they can do it next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,993 ✭✭✭griffin100

Great day out and fab weather. Same comic genius on the PA system as last year - he makes the event I think:) Well done to all involved.

As above minor issue about no distance markers on the bike. Could also do with a loudhailer / air horn for the swim start - you cant hear the whistle when you'r in the middle of the river. Minor issues.

And nice touch with the rain coat in the goody bag, better than another t-shirt me thinks.

The rain jacket is certainly coming in handy today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭farmerval

Completed my first evr tri here on Saturday, was very impressed with the organization, effecient and friendly, loads of marshalls on the bike course and a really nice setting by the river. Well done all round.:)

Advertisement