Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All student emails/spam

Options
  • 05-02-2010 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭

Is it just me or has it become easier for staff members to email all students

Should there not be some sort of restrictions in place to prevent spamming

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

There is a way to stop this...report the emails as spam. If enough people report a message as spam then that persons account will be considered a spam account and all further emails sent by them will go into peoples junk folders. If there are enough from the one organisation, i.e. UL, then microsoft will deem it to be a spam company and all mail from a ul address will go to peoples spam accounts, which is EXACTLY what happened last week when everyone was getting UL emails in there spam folder.

It was the staff themselves that caused that mess!

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

It's chronic the amount of ridiculous emails a student gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I have found myself replying to staff who use the mail to hock theier wares politely asking them not to do it. I don't get as much crap as I did at the start of the year.

requests for help with FYPs and research I can live with, but if you want to rent a room or sell a bicycle then you can cnut off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭entropic

I used to just send a polite if not strongly worded message back but I recently found myself feeling alot of hatred to these people so would have a reply that was 5-6 lines long sent to them either line by line or word by word depending on how much procrastinating I was doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

:eek: I tried to mark a certain punter of dance lessons as spam and it wouldn't let me. Because ul.ie is on my safe senders list.

I emailed the message sender and asked him to take me off his list, he replied saying he wasn't aware he could do this :mad:

Sick of the spammy emails.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭entropic

mud wrote: »
    :eek: I tried to mark a certain punter of dance lessons as spam and it wouldn't let me. Because ul.ie is on my safe senders list.

I emailed the message sender and asked him to take me off his list, he replied saying he wasn't aware he could do this :mad:

Sick of the spammy emails.

Does anyone know if this club is part of the SU Clubs & Societies, he has been repeatedly ignoring my emails asking him. I suppose I could just go the C&S office but that is far away and its cold out :P

Advertisement