Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this price resonable?

• 05-02-2010 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi lads / ladies,
    Will need to change the wife's car in the near future - addition to the family.

Just wondering what your thoughts would be on the sale price of a 2005 BMW 318 coupe (automatic) similar to this but in black not with leather - spec below

78000 Kilometers
    FSH (BMW upto the last service)
    Metallic black
    alcantara suede interior
    NCT 04-2011
    Full M Sport Body Styling
    18" MV II Alloys
    Rear Lip Spoiler
    Radio/CD
    Full Sport Interior
    Air conditioning
    Multi function steering wheel
    Cruise control
    central doorlocks with remote control
    armrest
    outside temperature meter
    Full Service History
    Trip computer
    Rear Parking Sensors
    Front fog lights
    Electric windows
    Height adjustable drivers seat
    Electric door mirrors
    Drivers airbag
    Alarm

I think the €17 is a bit rich tbh,
    Thanks for your replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Try1ng

Bump...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Like all BMWs its ridiculously over priced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Yep I took a fair whack when I sold my 2001, luckily it just covered the loan I had, but be prepare to go far lower.

razorblunt wrote: »
    Yep I took a fair whack when I sold my 2001, luckily it just covered the loan I had, but be prepare to go far lower.

Thanks - I was thinking of around the €15K mark, have to get the pics up this weekend and see how it goes.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Try1ng wrote: »
    Hi lads / ladies,
    Will need to change the wife's car in the near future - addition to the family.

Just wondering what your thoughts would be on the sale price of a 2005 BMW 318 coupe (automatic) similar to this but in black not with leather - spec below

78000 Kilometers
    FSH (BMW upto the last service)
    Metallic black
    alcantara suede interior
    NCT 04-2011
    Full M Sport Body Styling
    18" MV II Alloys
    Rear Lip Spoiler
    Radio/CD
    Full Sport Interior
    Air conditioning
    Multi function steering wheel
    Cruise control
    central doorlocks with remote control
    armrest
    outside temperature meter
    Full Service History
    Trip computer
    Rear Parking Sensors
    Front fog lights
    Electric windows
    Height adjustable drivers seat
    Electric door mirrors
    Drivers airbag
    Alarm

I think the €17 is a bit rich tbh,
    Thanks for your replies.

dont think you will get 17k for it, more like 15k maybe?
    Quazzie wrote: »
    Like all BMWs its ridiculously over priced.

compared to??? an octavia or something?

• Advertisement

Cyrus wrote: »
    compared to??? an octavia or something?

Compared to any equivalent car in its class.

Audi A4

Lexus (2006 btw)

Hell ya can even get an E200 for less.

All are better cars and are cheaper. BMW owners all think their cars are superior when in fact they aren't. The price should reflect this.

I can see your point but there a different type of car really.
    I'll get the pics done and see what happens - thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Why would you want a coupe with an addition to the family on the way?

trad wrote: »

That's the thing - the wife has a coupe and I'm afraid it'll be no good come July AGW

He's selling the car, not buying it. He is checking here to see if the price is considering as the asking price is reasonable or OTT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

I think he is selling it, not buying it.

X.

Compared to any equivalent car in its class.

Audi A4

Lexus (2006 btw)

Hell ya can even get an E200 for less.

All are better cars and are cheaper. BMW owners all think their cars are superior when in fact they aren't. The price should reflect this.

where to start,

of the two in the same class they are both within 1k of the price he is talking about, and they are saloons (3 series saloon will be cheaper than a coupe at least compare like with like)

the e class then has double the mileage

the fact you think an is or an a4 is 'better' than a 3 series is your opinion but general consensus and reviews would appear to suggest the converse

and finally the equivalent bmw cost more new and therefore costs more secondhand, simples

btw,

while im a bmw fan, i currently own an audi, and i wouldnt buy a 318 in a fit

where to start,

of the two in the same class they are both within 1k of the price he is talking about, and they are saloons (3 series saloon will be cheaper than a coupe at least compare like with like)
    The A4 is a convertible, not a saloon. And I know they are not like for like exactly but that was just a 5 minutes search of carzone that brought them to mind.
    the e class then has double the mileage
    I'd drive an E-Class with triple the milage before a BMW tbf. Even with double the milage its still a better car than a three series.
    the fact you think an is or an a4 is 'better' than a 3 series is your opinion but general consensus and reviews would appear to suggest the converse
    I never claimed anything I posted to be anything but my opinion but I concede many would prefer BMW to Audi
    and finally the equivalent bmw cost more new and therefore costs more secondhand, simples
    Thats kind of my point. Like to liek BMW - Audi - Lexus - Mercedez I think BMW are the worst of the lot. Obviously BMW do slightly different variations so like for like can only be done on certain models but its them similar models I think proves my point.
    btw,

while im a bmw fan, i currently own an audi, and i wouldnt buy a 318 in a fit
    Its good to hear that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,794 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

what's that got to do with anything - the 318 Coupe has rear seats, you know..........I've reared 2 x enfants in a combination of: 2 x TT's, 1 x 911, and they currently travel by 968. Not a 4-door in sight.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

@OP

The link for the coupe is WAY overpriced for a private sale, a dealer may ask for this price but lucky to get.

I might nominate them for dreamer of the year award.....;)

IMO that car in the link is only worth 14k.

Yours is worth 13k as it aint got the leather. Dont forget it is FIVE years old!

Thats kind of my point. Like to liek BMW - Audi - Lexus - Mercedez I think BMW are the worst of the lot. Obviously BMW do slightly different variations so like for like can only be done on certain models but its them similar models I think proves my point.

well i disagree here :D the ones id be interested in, bmw wins for me,

BMW 335i - beats the audi s4 and merc or lexus dont compete

m3 > rs4 (not much in it), c63 (for definate) isF (according to the reviews)

i apprecaite that this is a narrow band however :)

Advertisement