Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very poor advice on The Afternoon Show

Options
  • 05-02-2010 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Why do they have that Tina Leonard one giving out poor advice?

Today she said that prepaid mastercards are not available in Ireland? I correct them politely on their facebook page and of course they delete the post. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Mr Smithers

They won't read out anything that criticises them or corrects them. They don't want to make Tina Leonard look stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Write a letter of complaint to the General Manager of RTE - you may also consider making a complaint to the Broadcasting Commission.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Prepaid Mastercards are not available,
    **** I guess work has been scamming me for the past few years each time they gave me a Perfect Card - http://perfectcard.ie

I guess the shops all thought they were Visa :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Bugnug

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Why do they have that Tina Leonard one giving out poor advice?

Today she said that prepaid mastercards are not available in Ireland? I correct them politely on their facebook page and of course they delete the post. :rolleyes:

Sorry I have to ask, Why oh why would anybody take advice from the afternoon show?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Cabaal wrote: »
    Prepaid Mastercards are not available,
    **** I guess work has been scamming me for the past few years each time they gave me a Perfect Card - http://perfectcard.ie

I guess the shops all thought they were Visa :rolleyes:

ROFL, ffs RTE get some researchers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Why do they have that Tina Leonard

I'm a radio person - don't watch much TV, but how anyone could listen to her (VOICE) long enough to give any advice is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,515 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

is that the same one who promotes everyone to go to the North to shop and hence no revenue to her employer, the Govt?
    (PS I have not problem going to North for cheap stuff but only if its your own research and national TV shouldn't be telling everyone)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

No, she does not tell people to shop up the north. She actually tells people to shop in Supervalu and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I dont like the show at all, I only watch it when people I know are on it and 2 out of 3 times there were little snidy sly digs put in that made me want to scream. Dont like them at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Bugnug wrote: »
    Sorry I have to ask, Why oh why would anybody take advice from the afternoon show?

Unfortunately many people are stupid. It's a shame but it's true sadly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Unfortunately many people are stupid. It's a shame but it's true sadly.

Its not that they are stupid they just don't know any better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The Afternoon Show is broadcast on RTE, the national broadcaster. A lot of people would still trust whatever is broadcast on RTE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

RTE, the shows presenter or producers, probably have some sort of vendetta against Ryanair and made this false statement to damage them

Advertisement