Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Late Show - 05/02

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

ArtSmart wrote: »
    It's bloody unreal the amt of celebs 'fessing up to either depression suicide, being abused etc lately Is it the new fashion or is fame a result of a traumatic childhood?:cool:

Well (at the risk of the risk of you jumping down my throat again ;-) ), I thought it was ironic again, when Gabriel Byrne was (HBO) counsellor turned patient.

The George Hook interview is very interesting though. He pretty much lays all his cards on the table. "The Lovely Ingrid" must surely have been very uncomfortable with all of his disclosures.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

CommsGirl wrote: »
    @ Latchy Here Here. Why join an organisation that thinks just because you happen to be homosexual, transgender, bisexual or a little bit different your a sinner. There are ways of helping make the world a little bit better without joining a backward, overbaring, contraditing bunch of ****. There are some nice priests out there but it's a bit hard to work for such a ****e establishment.

So you're saying you wouldn't be a Fianna Fail supporter then?
    :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Well (at the risk of the risk of you jumping down my throat again ;-) ), Em, you mean my subtle sophisticated reproach?;)
    I thought it was ironic again, when Gabriel Byrne was (HBO) counsellor turned patient.

The George Hook interview is very interesting though. He pretty much lays all his cards on the table. "The Lovely Ingrid" must surely have been very uncomfortable with all of his disclosures.

Yeah, Gabriel, Brenda Fricker, George, some other one i forget. Maybe its just the season for it. Not that i'm making light of it - its not nice to see someone suffer, but you know, do we really have to know about all the skeletons? What point does it serve? Though maybe it does help people, i dont really know. Personally i find it irrelevent - tell me bout your achievements, not the 'hard life' story.

Hey - that is ironic!!! (insert grin)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 CommsGirl

Greentopia wrote: »
    So you're saying you wouldn't be a Fianna Fail supporter then?
    :P

No no. I would be a FG, Labour and Green party Follower but to be honest I have become a little disillushioned by alot of our public appointed politians.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

No no. I would be a FG, Labour and Green party Follower but to be honest I have become a little disillushioned by alot of our public appointed politians.

a little disillusioned? Now there's the art of understatement in action...

Mind you, if they could round up them w/bankers...
    Anyway, bedtime for me. Nite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

@ Latchy Here Here. Why join an organisation that thinks just because you happen to be homosexual, transgender, bisexual or a little bit different your a sinner. There are ways of helping make the world a little bit better without joining a backward, overbaring, contraditing bunch of ****. There are some nice priests out there but it's a bit hard to work for such a ****e establishment.

Something that organisation has hated more than anything , free speech and the right choice of people to think for themselfs .

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/sex-dawn/200911/learning-masturbate-in-spain

I came across this article from november 09 in ' Phychology Today 'Titled ' Sex At Dawn ' Exploring the evolutionary origins of modern sexuality Spanish schools teach responsible sexual behavior despite Catholic pressure. ' It's a Blog dealing with attitudes of professionals on the subject which can loose you your job,

The whole article is slightly humourous but catholic priests comments on the subject of womens sex toys at the end followed by the comments of the blogger made me LOL .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Could that british officer fella who shot yer man in the eye not feel the sweat on his face and chin? It was dripping off him, it was discusting. Sure he could have had a tissue or something in his pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ouravit

Seriously the priest who was just on the late show just made himself and Homosexuality look bad. The fact that he went onto the show wearing his 'uniform' ie the priest outfit even though he's no longer a priest just show's him to be out of touch with reality. I dont think that he is dating a man of nearly 20 years and he met him whilst he was a priest helps his case. To be honest and I hate to say it, it makes my skin crawl somewhat. It stinks of a dirty old man looking for a young man. I have never met the man himself and if he thought going on the show will make him appeal to people in society I have to say it backfired on him. He contradicated himself so many times and just made a mockery of the already damaged catholic church here in Ireland.

What was his name ?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭gerardk55

A little off topic but did Brian Kennedy break wind on friday night? Check out the show on rte iplayer about 9mins 28 secs in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Ouravit wrote: »
    What was his name ?
    his name is pat buckley and as someone said earlier in the thread if he knew at the age of 12 that he was gay why did he become a priest? he's a sicko

Advertisement