Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro Coin Operated Meter

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

i got one to do a whole house for about 170 in the wholesaler so surely a smaller one should be less? also if ur using the meter to switch in the contactor u will be paying for the power that the coil in the contactor uses to stay energised instead of what power the appliance switched through the contactor is using. is that what you want it to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 americanpie

Could I not set the meter to the rate of electricity that the lights are using?

Is the one you bought adjustable?

It would be impossible for me to run the 2 light circuits through the meter itself, its too far away from the lights.

ya the cost per unit was adjustable. the coin meter really needs to be placed on the cable goin to the appliance its supplying. now you may be able to do some maths and offset the power the coil will use against wat the appliance will use and adjust the unit cost accordingly but i dont know how accurate that would be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

you set the time per coin. based on the kw rating etc.

the meter will prob be able to switch the load if not just use the contactor

not on the one i had you enter the cost per unit and it gives you a euro worth of electricity

• Advertisement

countdown timer is best for lights according to the load

got one from the wholesalers there

kwh is more suitable for flats

just watch there's no danger from blackouts when meter runs out.people can sue if they fall

mite be more suitable. what he seems to be lookin for is something that you put in a euro or watever and it gives you light for 'x' amount of time. but if you will be feeding the lights from the board could you not just switch the lights via the meter?

for the 3kw rated meter you'd prob use a contactor where there's multiple lighting circuits.

although they can direct-switch a few lights alright or an appliance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 speeder01

Hi we are always willing to do a deal. what did you want the box for? mail me on speeder01@btclick.com or phone +44 1803 883833 on monday.

Thanks

Andrew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 speeder01

we do a lot of these for sports lighting. they tend to use a contactor. but we can switch 3kW direct.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 americanpie

OK, the board is too far away from the area I want to locate the coin meter as are the lights. Thats why Im using a contactor instead of running the lights through the meter itself.
    he seems to be lookin for is something that you put in a euro or watever and it gives you light for 'x' amount of time.

That is what Im looking for, or an adjustable meter so I can set the price per hour myself.

I could put another small light on the contactor on a normally closed and on a switch so when the contactor drops out its not pitch black, and when there done they can just switch off the smaller light.

Cheers for all the replys

Advertisement