Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

guitar and amp c&c please

• 05-02-2010 8:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭

Im doing a project for my night course, the theme i picked is music and for the first pic im using, i didnt really like how the colour turned out, so i made it black and white, but cant decide which i prefere or which to use, so your opinions would be great :)

original
    083D6E98D455494EA13ECBC2C27D603A-500.jpg

B&W
    4332420263_737e8f6136_o.jpg

anything else you would change?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

Hi Ian,

Just on the first; the white balance is off. If you shot in RAW you can go back and change this. If you shoot in Jpeg, maybe experiment with different white balance when shooting indoors to see what works best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭ianflynn

it was in raw, and the white balance was set to auto. i must set it all back up and try set it to (whatever those energy saving bubs fall under) and see what i can do with it before doing any heavy editing. im only using picasa because photoshop confuses me too much (and wont open my nef files)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

You can change the setting of the WB if you shot raw, no need to shoot again :) FWIW I like the colour one as is though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

The B&W is a nicer image imho, although correcting the white balance on the original will improve it. The dust on the guitar is a bit distracting.

i may leave it as it is, undecided!
    it could be just the horrible color paint and crappy light in my room :pac:

• Advertisement

The tones suit the subject - gives it a much nicer, softer feel than the B&W. Try warming it a bit though and give us a look...

sineadw wrote: »
    The tones suit the subject - gives it a much nicer, softer feel than the B&W. Try warming it a bit though and give us a look...
    4333234100_9011e31dce_o.jpg

:confused:

i may scrap this one altogether! or reshoot it in better conditions

Nope - I'd leave as is in the original post :D I'd crop the bit of wall from the right of the image though. That skirting board is driving me crazy. Just up to the line of the amp.

Advertisement