Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People traveling to Oz

Options
  • 05-02-2010 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭

Hi, theres a guy from work traveling to Oz during the summer alone and it got us thinking is there a site that anyone might know where like minded people can hookup and possibly another person to travel with. Just taught Id put it out there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Spirow

I landed in Perth about 4 months ago and would recommend staying in hostels as the best way to meet people.
    They are fairly cheap and everyone is in the same boat. I stayed for about a month at 25 AUD a night and met about 6 people that I still keep in contact with and have met up with many times. (English, Aussie, Kiwi, Irish, Canadian)

Your friend can also walk into any pub in Australia and say "I've just arrived - what do can I do for fun around here?!" - the bar staff will help and it is likely that anyone else in the pub will help too. People are nice over here and ready to help (I have furnished my apartment with things given to me for free including 2 couches and a queen sized bed!)

If you want to get out and see Australia - hostels have notice boards where people advertise for travelling companions to split the cost of fuel and share the driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭Payton

Thanks I'll pass on the advice

Advertisement