Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MMA in athlone??

• 05-02-2010 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hi I'm currently a student in athlone and i've done a bit of mma in galway but cant go there anymore because i live in athlone during the week, i was just wondering if anyone knows if there is an mma gym in athlone??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

There is nothing in Athlone as far as I know, though feel free to correct me anyone who knows better.

One of my fighters Enda "The Conundrum" Fenton travels from outside Athlone to Point Blank three times a week, you could car pool with him perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Steeul

where is Point Blank located?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Steeul wrote: »
    where is Point Blank located?

Galway, its two minutes from where the new motorway hits the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭memaul

i have being looking for mma or thai boxing in athlone the last year or more. there is nothing. i'm surprised that there hasn't being a proper club set up as there seems to be a lot of interest. its a pity because i reckon it could do very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭martic

Hi I'm currently a student in athlone and i've done a bit of mma in galway but cant go there anymore because i live in athlone during the week, i was just wondering if anyone knows if there is an mma gym in athlone??

From an earlier post on Boards.ie "Mullingar Grappling club is now on its feet, it is running on Saturdays from 6.30, in St Brigids hall, Harbour st, Mullingar. Contact :0872358043 for any further details or search for mulligar grappling club on bebo"
    I know Philip "Sid" Allen from Athlone who trains with this club and a few of their members have competed in the mma league.
    Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 jake 74

"From an earlier post on Boards.ie "Mullingar Grappling club is now on its feet, it is running on Saturdays from 6.30, in St Brigids hall, Harbour st, Mullingar. Contact :0872358043 for any further details or search for mulligar grappling club on bebo"
    they haven't trined at that location in over a year they moved to spoutwell lane in mullingar and are in the middle of moving at the moment i would contact pat about when they are back training thats his number:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Dioza

I'm going to Athlone too for 10 weeks doing phase 6 of my apprenticeship in FAS. I'm from Dundalk but have no transport so i'll be busing everywhere. Any updates on the thread? Thanks lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

I know that Sid and Renauld (spelling probably wrong) are trying to set up a grappling/wrestling club in or around Athlone. I don't know what stage that is at though.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭OLDMAN1

the last i heard Renaud was teaching wrestling in some army barracks in athlone...

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭RNO

I dont teach wrestling, I use to train with Sid...different...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭memaul

The guy from Point Blank(Mark Leonard) is starting mma classses in Athlone on the 30th of November. Search mma athlone on boards for details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 pokersmidge

Judo classes on every Monday Wednesday and Saturday pm me for more details we are located in the new dojo in the blry industrial estate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 jake 74

New MMA club has started in Athlone Budokan MMA, Blyry Ind Estate. SBG Pro Fighter, Kieran Davern is the instructor. Contact the facebook link for details.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100001837865011

Advertisement