Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MA Education

Options
  • 05-02-2010 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi there

I'm thinking of doing an MA in Education this september, I would preferably do it in Maynooth for travel reasons, but anywhere in Dublin will do really.

Can anyone tell me anything about it
    • cost
    • application process
    • hours per week
    • assignments
    • part time option
    I'm doing PGDE at moment and although I find it very intense I love it!

Just going to get all my qualifiing done in these poor years as I prob won't get a job next year either. That said I would preferably like to work too so I would like to hear about the Part time option too.

thanks a lot
    dublintuition

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Take a look at each university's webpages about their masters in education - often they'd prefer you have a couple of years experience in education rather than coming straight in from study.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭dublintuition

claire h wrote: »
    Take a look at each university's webpages about their masters in education - often they'd prefer you have a couple of years experience in education rather than coming straight in from study.

Well I did actually check out the webpages prior to writing this thread. I got a fair bit of info about trinity but I see no timetables and to be honest, the place I would rather do it in (maynooth) - well I have never come across a more difficult webpage to navigate my way around.

I just thought there may be some on here who have done/are doing it and they can give me advice.

And I do have 4 years teaching experience, probably not a lot but its still something

Whats the difference between the following:

Education MA
    Education MEd

**BUMP**

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭brónaim cád??

Did you end up doing this course? I'd love to hear feedback if you did.

• Advertisement
Advertisement