Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ableton latency

Options
  • 05-02-2010 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭

im new to abelton and am having some latency issues,im using very basic gear at the moment(midi keyboard with m-audio midi to usb interface and a behringer uca202)i used this set-up with reason and never had any major problems.1st question,is the main cause of latency from the input from the keyboard or the output to the amp,2nd question,what can i get to solve this without breaking the bank.i have an akai apc40 in the post and am sure with all the clips and scenes loaded up it will only get worse

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭LeBash

I had major problems with ableton until i got an audio card. Since then, there has been no other problems.

If it makes a difference, Im using an M-Box 2 pro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

thanks for the reply,the mbox pro 2 looks like it would do the job but unfortunately is well out of my price range,hopefully I can find something a bit cheaper that can sort it out

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The things that will slow you down are the CPU and the Souncard. Midi to mobo should take relatively no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭franklyshocked

What audio driver are you using?
    Whats your buffer size and are you adjusting the latency compensation.

I'd fully agree that pretty much any external soundcard will drastically improve any latency issue you have but lets knock the parts on the head that you can fiddle around with and not cost you anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

thanks for the reply,sorry for the delay gettin back to you,just started using asio4all v2 now and its a bit of an improvement although any adjustments in it are not showing up in the audio tab in ableton.buffer size is 512 samples,in+out latency is 18.1 overall latency 36.1,adjusting the error compensation is doing nothing at all,its probably as good as its going to get with the gear i have,appreciate your time thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement