Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox live dies in April.....

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

dunworth1 wrote: »
    have a look at this site

http://www.vgchartz.com/

Excellent stuff. Taken from that very site, five of the top ten games at the moment are for the Wii.

I don't like the Wii myself and don't own one, but you can't argue against its phenomenal success.

Because there's so many consoles out there if only half of people who own a Wii buy a game, that's equal to every PS3 owner buying one. So a lower attach rate isn't as important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Excellent stuff. Taken from that very site, five of the top ten games are for the Wii.

I don't like the Wii myself and don't own one, but you can't argue against its phenomenal success.
    I have two denominations of gamers to blame... The japanese (DAME DAME DAME!!!!! NIHONJIN GA KIRAI DESU!!!!) and the casual gamers... (See 2 posts up)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Slugs wrote: »
    I have two denominations of gamers to blame... The japanese (DAME DAME DAME!!!!! NIHONJIN GA KIRAI DESU!!!!) and the casual gamers... (See 2 posts up)

Yeah but we're still getting our hardcore games so I don't have much of a problem with the Wii. Modern Warfare 2's sales figures are enough to ensure that there's life in the hardcore gaming market yet.

Plus with most multi-platform games being PS3 and 360 not Wii, the market is pretty much split down the middle. Which is why I never understand the whole 360 vs. PS3 flame wars. If we didn't have both systems the casual gaming market would steamroll over everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Maybe not, I think Playstation Network pretty much the same number as Xbox Live Gold users, if not more. It being free helps a lot with that.

Also the fact you can have as many PSN IDs as you want helps. I myself have 3. US, EU and Jap and only 1 Xbox Live Gold account.

Advertisement