Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ex-pat bar

Options
  • 05-02-2010 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi,

Does anyone know if there are any bars in Limerick city specifically tailored towards ex-pat Brits living in Ireland?

Cheers,
    Nick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

You'll get a warm welcome in The Mucky Duck on Nicholas St. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

:eek:

Disregard that; Your Maker has already given your Anatomy optimal ventilation.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

hah i just read about this on the paper today, that pub is supposed to be riddled with gangland criminals!

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/Three-Collopy-brothers-in-Limerick.6045033.jp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

D'olympic like...

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pinkfloyd34

now that you mention it i have never seen one in the whole of ireland let alone limerick but if there is one im sure its in the city centre and not in the suburbs, i know if there is a rugby match involving an english team they usually end up in clohessys but thats cos of the rugby connection,
    and really there should be some brit bars here, look at the amount of irish bars in england, also look at all the brit bars in spain, it would be great to have witherspoons here with english prices for competition, i was in england last week knocking back pints for £1.99 a pint, happy days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

now that you mention it i have never seen one in the whole of ireland let alone limerick but if there is one im sure its in the city centre and not in the suburbs, i know if there is a rugby match involving an english team they usually end up in clohessys but thats cos of the rugby connection,
    and really there should be some brit bars here, look at the amount of irish bars in england, also look at all the brit bars in spain, it would be great to have witherspoons here with english prices for competition, i was in england last week knocking back pints for £1.99 a pint, happy days

2.01%

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

now that you mention it i have never seen one in the whole of ireland let alone limerick

I believe there are a few in Belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭SuperCereal

and really there should be some brit bars here, look at the amount of irish bars in england, also look at all the brit bars in spain, it would be great to have witherspoons here with english prices for competition, i was in england last week knocking back pints for £1.99 a pint, happy days[/QUOTE]

Though Im loff drink for 2010, I totally agree with you, a witherspoons and pubs like that would be great over here, I heard a rumour that one attempted to open on Cpel St. in Dublin but couldn't get a license. The storey goes, publicans in the Capital were so used to charging 5-6 euro a pint they did what they could to prevent Witherspoons bringing in some competition and charging fair to reasonable prices. Apparently they were successful in this.

I nre itterate though I only heard about this, it may not have happened but I often find rumours like this have some truth in them.

Perhaps now that no one has any cash Witherspoons will get a foot in the door. If Lidl and Aldi can take on Tesco and M&S, surely super pubs can handle a bit of pressure from cheaper chain pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 nick468

Last week, I contacted Wetherspoons regarding same, and this is the reply I got:
    Thank you for your site suggestion. Unfortunately we are not looking to open any sites in The Republic of Ireland in the foreseeable future. We are concentrating on acquiring sites solely on mainland UK. Having said this we would never say never, so it could be a possibility in the future.

With kind regards,

Cat Melville
    Property Department

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

nick468 wrote: »
    Last week, I contacted Wetherspoons regarding same, and this is the reply I got:
    Thank you for your site suggestion. Unfortunately we are not looking to open any sites in The Republic of Ireland in the foreseeable future. We are concentrating on acquiring sites solely on mainland UK. Having said this we would never say never, so it could be a possibility in the future.

With kind regards,

Cat Melville
    Property Department

I'll post you a can of beer if you are that interested in low price drink. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

to be honest - your business would be welcome in any pub in this city

Advertisement