Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Model (etc) release form

• 05-02-2010 9:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

So yip, here we go again. Another one asking the same question. Well kind of...

What I am looking for is hopefully to find a model release form that 1) covers me for Ireland, 2) Allows me to use photos for non-commercial purposes, 3) Allows the Model's, but also a MUA and Hair Stylist, to use the pictures for non-commercial purposes.

I have read the odd one but my issue is that I dont understand them that much and I am hoping someone will point me at one that will work for what I want and also if I have any questions I can ask :)

Thanks

D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

I'd be sticking to ones that are written in Plain English TBH. All the flowery herewith's and hereof's and 27 line sentences are usually just there to give solicitors an excuse for a job. I don't mean they don't need to be explicit. Just that the more ridiculous the language the more you'll scare away potential models, especially if it seems like they're giving you their eternal soul. I've never done it so I could be suggesting a major feat here, but I'd go through one of the standard templates and edit it till a normal person (yourself) can understand, or even better if you have said flowery solicitor type acquaintances, ask them to do it for you.

Sorry I can't point you in the direction of anything more concrete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

Yea, its along those lines I was thinking. The ones I have stumbled onto were wither way too complicated or were not for Ireland. Also I have the concern that I want to make sure its clear that its for use both ways and for non-commercial purposes only, plus one that could be used for a MUA and Hair Stylist (preferably a separate one or at least a separate sheet with some words changed).

Anyone have any suggestions?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 100 ✭✭hcnyla

This is what I use. It's as basic as you get but I use it for all commercial work and nobody has ever rejected it yet. You'll get people telling you need a 20 page contract and others telling you that one liners like below are fine. There is probably no right or wrong answer but once you have a signature saying it's ok to use their image then you are good to go.
    I have three of them, one for adults, minors and property.

Adults:
    Photographic Model Release
    In exchange for consideration received, I hereby give permission to Your Company to use my name and photographic likeness in all forms and media for advertising, trade, and any other lawful purposes.
    Print Name:
    Signature:
    Date:

Minors:
    Photographic Model Release
    In exchange for consideration received, I hereby give permission to Your Company to use my name and photographic likeness in all forms and media for advertising, trade, and any other lawful purposes.
    Print Name:
    Signature:
    Date:
    If Model is under 18: I, , am the parent/legal guardian of the individual named above, I have read this release and approve of its terms.
    Print Name:
    Signature:
    Date:

Property:
    Photographic Property Release
    In exchange for consideration received, I hereby give permission to Your Company to use my properties name and photographic likeness in all forms and media for advertising, trade, and any other lawful purposes.
    Print Name:
    Signature:
    Date:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I have received a link to "off-shoot camera society" or something very similar.
    However Search tool in the forum could lead to threads like this ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

ThOnda wrote: »
    I have received a link to "off-shoot camera society" or something very similar.
    However Search tool in the forum could lead to threads like this ;-)

In fairness, I don't think that's what he was after ;)

Dara - do you *just* want to use the images non-commercially? If so then you don't need a model release in the first place? No-one involved does...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

Yes, it is for non-commercial work. However as I understand agencies normally ask the models to get releases from Photographers. Seeing as I have 4 shoots on this month I thought I would get my ass in gear.

Is it not prudent to have a document signed anyways?

And thanks Thonda btw, Those are the type I have seen but this one was created for the American market. So I just wanted one that was ok for Ireland. Or someone that was sure the one they were pointing me at was ok for Ireland

Advertisement