Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beretta 682 Gold E or Berreta 686E

Options
  • 05-02-2010 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

Sorry for what might be a stupid question but I am about to buy my first gun and have narrowed it down to two models. I will have the opportunity to try both this weekend.

Just wanted to see what you think is the better gun ?

Carlos

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Would hate to live on the difference between the two. Having shot and used both there really is not alot. The fit of both suits me perfectly but as most all Berettas fit me well that is not a remarkable statement.

Which two models are you looking at? Might seem a silly question but there are a varied amount of the same model (i.e - 686E Sporting, Black, White Onyx, Skeet, X trap, Silver Pigeon - or 682E Gold Sporting, Trap, X trap, Skeet)

I currently use the 682e Gold Sporting. I love it. Feel, fit, performance the lot. It has an edge over the 686 but i cannot quite put my finger on the reason why. I'm probably of no help here but if someone asked me to choose i personally would go for the 682 all the time. One thing though i see lads buying Berettas with the memory stock, and never use it. Berettas fit me well and i never had the need for a memory cheek piece so why pay the extra €200 or so if its not needed.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Carlosthejakal

sorry should have said sporting models in both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭charlie10

i collected my new beretta 686 e thursday it was by far the best fitting gun for me we will just have to see tomorrow if i can hit the clays:o

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Carlosthejakal

Went for the 682 Gold E
    Was a little more expensive but it fit me better, felt more natural.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

You won't regret it. Best of luck.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

ezridax wrote: »
    I currently use the 682e Gold Sporting. I love it. Feel, fit, performance the lot. It has an edge over the 686 but i cannot quite put my finger on the reason why..

Ditto! I use the trap version and it just feels nicer than the 686.

At the end of the day, if it fits and you can hit clays, that's all that matters. Enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 centre

682 with adj. stock is better bet . Gun fit is more important if you are down to these two models as they are both good clay guns.Adj stock can guarantee you a perfect fit and you can adjust it if you need to,say if you put on weigh or something changes in your technique. 682 in my opinion would sell better and hold its value better if looked after. The reason it feels better for most people is because it is better balanced .

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭f100zardoz

Just bought my first shot gun. Beretta 682 gold e. feels lighter than the other guns but it's probably just really well balanced.

Advertisement