Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Creches/Childcare

Options
  • 05-02-2010 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭

Can anyone help us,my wife and I are looking for recommended creches in Galway city/galway east or if anyone knows any ladys or housewifes that do child minding(we live in renmore),it would be from June onwards for a 6 month old baby
    thanks in advance
    BTW I know of the creches in roscam,doughiska,and riverside

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

You should place an advert in the Galway Advertiser sseking someone to m ind your child. My kids didn't go near a creche till they were 2.

I suggest that you get some other parent to mind your baby in their home in the area that you live. It's advisable that the minder has children who are over 2 years old as a six month old needs a lot of attention when he/she is awake.

Place the ad at www.advertiser.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭thenakedchef

thanks erniebert,definately food for thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭NMoore

the Treasure Island creche on the Doughiska road is lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sheena99

Can give you contact details for my child minder if you'd like to pm me. She's based in Castlepark, and I'm very happy with her.

nmoore thanks for that
    sheena will pm you now
    whats the going rate for a child minder these days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

florida wrote: »
    nmoore thanks for that
    sheena will pm you now
    whats the going rate for a child minder these days?

We pay a babysitter EUR8.00 per hour whenever we are going out at night. That means we pay a teenager to watch TV while our kids sleep. :eek:

Some people pay up to a tenner.

thankfully we have quite alot of family who are brilliant and have offered to babysit anytime we want to go out for a few hours,but we wouldnt even consider burdening them with childcare while we were to go back to work,hence the thread,thanks for all the replys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭lovelyhome

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭AutumnComission

Hiya. I am a mature childcare student who will be qualified in May. I know one of the other mature sudents in my class, also qualified in May, who lives in Renmore and is considering looking after children in her own home when she finishes up. She has a young son of her own, aged 5, and has plenty experience including working in a creche. I would vouch for her being a lovely lady and great with children. P.M. me for details if interested.
    On another note, I have plenty experience myself, both childminding and in a creche, and live in Claregalway. Keeping my options open for May so if there is anyone interested in childcare from May onwards in the locality please p.m. me. All situations considered!
    Thanks a mill.

Also try www.rollercoaster.ie for childminders and similar contacts. Its a BRILLIANT website for parents, childminders and students alike. Lots of childminding ads advertised and can be narrowed down to the area of the city you are looking for a childminder in. I can't stress enough how handy it is! Down on the left hand side of the website, click on 'childcare ads'. . Good luck! C :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭happyoutish

The Little Acorn in Mervue is brill (IMO) My little one goes there. They have separate rooms for different age groups.

You can PM me if you want the number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 galway galway

/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 galway galway

I have the same problem
    I have a 7 month old. I work in town 10.30 - 6 and have a 3 year old in creche in Shantalla. They don't take babies. Can only find a creche place in Barna but I had tried that with my daughter. It was great but I was stressed out for 2 years getting there for 6.30. I need to find a child minder in town, Claddagh, Shantalla, westside or knocknacarra
    Can anybody help ?????
    Need to get back to work asap

Have already placed adds on notice boards, advertiser, rollercoaster, school days etc and contacted child care committee - to no avail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sheenaghc

Hi,

I'm just wondering if you are still doing childminding, I live in Claregalway.

Thanks
    Sheena

P.M. Sent! Yes, I do childminding in Claregalway. I sent you my details. Thanks for your query.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 maisey123

Hiya. I am a mature childcare student who will be qualified in May. I know one of the other mature sudents in my class, also qualified in May, who lives in Renmore and is considering looking after children in her own home when she finishes up. She has a young son of her own, aged 5, and has plenty experience including working in a creche. I would vouch for her being a lovely lady and great with children. P.M. me for details if interested.
    On another note, I have plenty experience myself, both childminding and in a creche, and live in Claregalway. Keeping my options open for May so if there is anyone interested in childcare from May onwards in the locality please p.m. me. All situations considered!
    Thanks a mill.

Are you available to come to home in Roscam area to look after 8 month old in October from 8-3? Kind regards, maisey123

Hiya!
    Thanks for your text relating to childcare - P.M. SENT!! Catriona

Advertisement