Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Relationship Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

jumpguy wrote: »
    It was a typo Neurotic :(

<_<

My bad. Shouln't have treated you like a standard Jesus_Juice :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

but you're never in bed...

Hey I've only been out of bed for... 32 hours... And to be fair I dozed in and out on the bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Things were looking good earlier this week with someone (coquettish behaviour, general merriment) but thanks to my unfortunate blindness (resultant of an idiotic decision to go to a lecture whilst slightly hungover, starving and exhausted) I was blanked by said person earlier. And it's not really my fault. :(

Monzo wrote: »
    (resultant of an idiotic decision to go to a lecture whilst slightly hungover, starving and exhausted)

Is it wrong that I read that and immediately thought of you throwing up, eating it again and then falling asleep in it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Is it wrong that I read that and immediately thought of you throwing up, eating it again and then falling asleep in it?
    he's not bythewoods extrasupervery sarcasticfairy errrr..... I dunno,maybe shane mcgowan?

*awaits the impending Sh*tstorm I started*

• Advertisement

he's not bythewoods extrasupervery sarcasticfairy errrr..... I dunno,maybe shane mcgowan?

I don't get it, why would those 3 girls have anything to do with what I posted?
    Well, perhaps bythewoods, but the other two?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Pipz

I'm quite a relationship person. A couple of years ago I used to go into town and as everyone did back then, end up kissing a new guy almost every week. It was done on a 'yeah I kinda like you, but cant see myself with you for more than two weeks' thing, so it was no strings. If things worked out, cool. If they didn't, no one really cared. Then got into a one year long distance relationship, which worked ok for a while, but then things went downhill. At the time I met my current boyfriend, who I've been with for almost two years now, and honestly I couldn't be happier. It's so much nicer having one person you can share literally everything with, than it is just going out and kissing random guys for the sake of it. But really, it's whatever you're into. Some people prefer not to be stuck with one person and to just play the field. Whatever floats your boat I guess. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Shockingly similiar to something that happened at a grad I attended...

Hotaru wrote: »
    Shockingly similiar to something that happened at a grad I attended...

I'm intrigued...

I'm intrigued...

Take away the eating part and throw in some eh... human excrement and you've pretty much got the whole picture.

Not to me I might add.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Take away the eating part and throw in some eh... human excrement and you've pretty much got the whole picture.
    Been there. Ahh gastroenteritis...

Been there. Ahh gastroenteritis...

Or excessive alcohol intake :rolleyes:

Oh, so off-topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

What's that now Alan?! Hmm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I has a boyf \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Considering one of those things happened last night (and another almost happening) it's not wrong to assume that mental image at all. Ha I can only wish to be Shane MacGowan, Ninja. Drunkenly stumbling onstage with Nick Cave to sing a song is something I'd very much like to do.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Piste wrote: »
    I has a boyf \o/

And we're very happy together...

Wait you're not Insect Overlord!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I'll never understand the "seeking a relationship" mentality. If it happens, lovely. If you approach each and every person you like with only the fact that they're a possible partner in mind, as a friend of mine does... Well, you're gonna miss all the normal, fun parts of getting to know someone and just worry about impressing them. Not healthy, and ironically, quite unattractive in my opinion :/

The syntax of this post may be bafflingly out of whack but it's late, shutup

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    And we're very happy together...

Wait you're not Insect Overlord!

And this is exactly why my girlfriend thinks I'm gay! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

A Neurotic wrote: »
    I'll never understand the "seeking a relationship" mentality. If it happens, lovely. If you approach each and every person you like with only the fact that they're a possible partner in mind, as a friend of mine does... Well, you're gonna miss all the normal, fun parts of getting to know someone and just worry about impressing them. Not healthy, and ironically, quite unattractive in my opinion :/
    I suppose it's not so much that somebody makes a relationship the sole purpose in talking to somebody. There's a lot of people who simply have to make more of a conscious effort in marketting themselves. After all, a lot of us don't generally come across as very likable or interesting in casual conversation.

What I'm trying to say is that there are people who when they make little effort, unconsciously tend towards introverted behaviour in their interactions with people. Such people generally don't just wind up in relationships and then you can factor in the feelings one might experience from seeing all those around them involved with others.

In other cases, some people would simply be blind to the idea if they weren't on the look out.

And then there's that weird "twilight zone knock off" friend zone thing that everybody's been bringing up for the last too many years. Apparently you're not supposed to go in there.

Also some people believe relationships to be like a tap of sex. None of that bottled one-night stand business for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I've been doing the single thing for a long time now. It's not much fun. :(
    I don't have the "actively seeking a relationship" mentality though. Nothing wrong with one-night stands/random hook ups. If I meet someone I like and it turns into a serious relationship, that's great but if it doesn't it's not the end of the world or anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Having thought about this a little since yesterday, I guess I would be more the relationship type (as long as we don't question the success or lack thereof of said relationships! :pac:). I don't do the random hook-ups, and I never have. It just doesn't interest me in the slightest.

I don't think I've ever actively sought out a relationship - I think that's entirely the wrong way to go about things. Looking ruins the surprise! I seem to have somehow fallen into a relationship rather recently, and it's going very nicely, so I'm going with my assumption that not looking gives excellent results. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lou91

I don't think I described that well. By "actively seeking a relationship" I didn't mean that type of "Pulse - Check, Vagina - Check, Go for it!" mentality and general lack of standards that some people have.

I dunno, having a successful relationship would definitely be one of my long-term life goals, so I think it's kinda natural to have it on your mind to some extent. People don't expect their careers to just happen naturally. It's not like I change how I act around people because of it, but I'd definitely notice people I'm attracted to and want to spend more time with them. I think the whole organic relationship thing seems to happen when you're friends with someone and then it becomes more. Personally, I've never had that, there's always been an attraction at the start.

It's a little like explicitly telling someone to not think about something, then all they'll be able to do is think about it...

Well, I recently came to the realisation that I've so far spent my life chasing after guys who are somewhat interested in me but not in a relationship, and completely ignoring all the lovely guys who were properly interested in me and a potential relationship.

Good work me :rolleyes:

I'm single now and I don't mind staying that way for awhile. I'm done with 'actively-seeking-relationships' to a certain extent, it was just NOT working out. Hopefully there'll be a proper relationship at some point but I'm ok with waiting for now.

I would do anything for love, oh I would do anything for looove! I would do anything for love, but I won't do that, no I won't do that...

I would do anything for love, oh I would do anything for looove! I would do anything for love, but I won't do that, no I won't do that...

I would do anything for love, anything you've been dreaming of
    But I just won't do that!

Sounds so dirty when a girl says it.

PM sent.

Sounds so dirty when a girl says it.

PM sent.

Only when interpreted by a dirty mind ;)

Only when interpreted by a dirty mind ;)

Ah right, so it sounds dirty when a girl says it on the internet then.

Oh, you! :o

• Advertisement

Oh, you! :o
    Ah right, so it sounds dirty when a girl says it on the internet then.

Can't say anything these days :rolleyes:

Advertisement