Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Problem

• 12-02-2010 9:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭

I ordered UTV 3mb internet 2 months ago.

The first month was fine, was getting full speed of 3mb as advertised.

Roughly around the start of my 2nd month, things have started to go wrong. The internet works, as it did, from about 3pm - 7pm, then from about 2am - 9am.

It is the rest of the time (when I most use the computer) that I have been having extreme difficulty with.

First of all: The download speed. It vary's between 200kb/s - 1500kb/s.
    But the most important issue, is packet loss. I have a netgear DG834G v5, and as such have been able to access the router via telnet, and have pinged it directly from there, and am getting 13% packet loss. This proves the problem is not on my side at all.

During this, I have emailed UTV as I have tried to discover the problem, they thought it was the filter, but that isn't even in - There is only one phone socket in the house and it is connected directly to it. We have only moved in recently, and the phone line was put down in the last 3 months, should be of high quality and integrity.

UTV said a few days ago after realising the replacement filter did not work, that they have logged the fault with eircon. I have not informed them of what I have discovered tonight (telnet into router) but I could be waiting weeks to recieve any notification from UTV (from eircon), so I decided to ask the fellow boardsies what to do in this situation.. Thanks.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement