Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

two questions;taxation and freight company handling fee

• 05-02-2010 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi, I am receiving a personal belonging from my mother who thought it would be nice for me to have from Asia. Even though the cost of sending it is more expensive than the value of it(it was about 300 euro to ship to Ireland), she thought it would be nice for me to have it. I got a call from a company saying
    1. it has arrived in Dublin and in their personal storage.
    2. They will release it on the presentation of the receipt from custom.
    3. Handling fee will be over 200 euro.

My confusion is
    1.Can I clear the whole taxation process by myself? if so, is there any information I can use?( the company was going to charge me 80 euro for clearing the custom for me)
    2. How can this company without my authorisation to unload my consignment into their warehouse? and demand over 200 euro which is as expensive as shipping cost?

I really hope anyone could give me any help. I am not in the import business and this whole thing was just surprise for me. My poor mom thinks she made a big mistake sending a present which is about to turn into a nightmare for me.Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 andrewchen

Since its your mother who sent you the consignment, it comes under import of gift consignments. You may want to check out this URL: http://www.revenue.ie/en/customs/leaflets/pn1179.html for rules for importing gifts into the country. I myself am studying the above URL right now as we need to send a package from Singapore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

What company are you using to send from Singapore?

Advertisement