Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd v Portsmouth

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Headshot wrote: »
    lol

deflection mate

so it was an own goal ;)

shot was on target so not an own goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Just looked the replay online several times.

Carricks effort was 100% an OG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

nobody said it but owen's through ball for diouf was excellent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

redout wrote: »
    Just looked the replay online several times.

Carricks effort was 100% an OG

really - looked like the original shot was on target to me. Granted the deflection was a massive help, but as far as i know the rules are if it is on target its given the striker of the ball.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

How the fúck was that a free against Utd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

How the fúck was that a free against Utd?
    Sympathy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Paddy Power have 500/1 for a Pompey win, or 350/1 for a draw, if anyone fancies a punt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Paddy Power have 500/1 for a Pompey win, or 350/1 for a draw, if anyone fancies a punt.
    I'll give ya 100000/1, minimum bet is 100 quid though !

Those Shangai commentators are frickin' gas. Talk about excitable!

really - looked like the original shot was on target to me. Granted the deflection was a massive help, but as far as i know the rules are if it is on target its given the striker of the ball.

From what I saw from two different behind the goal angles it was definitely going wide right.

The commentators I have (not setanta) have also said it has been confirmed an OG. That was about 10mins after it happened. Initially they said Carrick themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

From what I saw from two different behind the goal angles it was definitely going wide right.

The commentators I have (not setanta) have also said it has been confirmed an OG. That was about 10mins after it happened. Initially they said Carrick themselves.

where's Muppet :P

Avram Grant will need a good hard massage after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Avram Grant will need a good hard massage after that.

very good

How to Tell Which Manager Was In The Brothel

- If he paid for an hour but wanted 65 minutes, it was Sir Alex Ferguson.

- If he paid the money but refused to pay the VAT, it was ‘Arry Redknapp.

- If the girl got undressed but he didn’t see it? It was Arsene Wenger.

- If he paid a huge sum of money but didn’t last long? It was Mark Hughes.

- If he got it up, but couldn’t stay up, it was Mick McCarthy.

- If he failed but insisted that next time will be good, it was Rafa Benitez.

- If he was amazing one minute and dreadful the next, it was Roberto Martinez.

- If he took the cheapest one and claimed he got value for money, it was David Moyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

is it true, it just came on BBC's website, that Utd's second highest scorer this season is Mr. Own Goal?

surely that's a bit mad?

SlickRic wrote: »
    is it true, it just came on BBC's website, that Utd's second highest scorer this season is Mr. Own Goal?

surely that's a bit mad?

Its true:

Rooney - 23
    OG - 9
    Berba - 8
    Owen - 7

Whoever has the fantasy football Evra was given an assist though I am convinced Nani got a touch with his head for the OG.

Anyone concur ?

SlickRic wrote: »

surely that's a bit mad?

I think Berbs is 2nd after Rooney with 9 goals. If the 3 goals today, were own goals, Mr Own Goal would be 3rd with 8 goals.

Edit - or what Redout said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Whoever has the fantasy football Evra was given an assist though I am convinced Nani got a touch with his head for the OG.

Anyone concur ?

I've both, think Evra gets more for an assist so leave it with him.

• Advertisement

[quote=[Deleted User];64345724]I've both, think Evra gets more for an assist so leave it with him.[/QUOTE]

Rules are rules.

I am giving it to Nani.

Pat Dolan just agreed.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Rules are rules.

I am giving it to Nani.

Pat Dolan just agreed.

Oh I thought you where moaning because they didn't give it to Nani for FF reasons. Yeah it was obv a Nani assist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Brilliant win . .

Must really grind on ABU's that United are top . .

Despite having no first choice Central defence or goalkeeper for most of the season and after losing ronaldo + Tevez, its been a remarkable feat to be in the hunt for the title at this stage . .

Uniteds squad is so under rated by its own and rival fans its not funny . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Drumpot wrote: »
    Uniteds squad is so under rated by its own and rival fans its not funny . .

Who underrates the squad? :confused:
    They have a fantastic squad with quality cover in every position and have been in the title hunt since day 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Galvasean wrote: »
    Who underrates the squad? :confused:
    They have a fantastic squad with quality cover in every position and have been in the title hunt since day 1.

I seem to remember a comment that Rooney was only a slightly better version of Kuyt.

but I'll give the person the benefit of the doubt they were taking the piss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Unearthly wrote: »
    I seem to remember a comment that Rooney was only a slightly better version of Kuyt.
    but I'll give the person the benefit of the doubt they were taking the piss.

131999919_acc4d1353f.jpg?v=0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Don't know if anyone has noticed but on the United site, they are crediting one of the OG's to Carrick. I presume that would be the official standing on it?

mars bar wrote: »
    Don't know if anyone has noticed but on the United site, they are crediting one of the OG's to Carrick. I presume that would be the official standing on it?
    One of the interviewers after the game said to Carrick that the goal was officially given as an OG, so I guess not

He said he'll try appeal it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Only seen the one replay of it, was the shot on target ? Maybe Andy Gray will solve it on the last word tomorrow. :p

I couldn't really make out tbh, even after watching a few replays. It certainly wasn't going in the direction it ended up going, if it was going in it was going into the bottom right corner

Advertisement