Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Class sizes.

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

My largest is French with 27, and my smallest is Physics with 8!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

In my school the maximum you can have in a class is 24. Though alot of LC classes have less. Subjects like home ec. only have about 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

My smallest class was Physics with only 7 people in it. My largest started off as being honours maths, with about 35 which had been reduced to 15 by LC time. My largest class otherwise was Irish I think, about 25-26 students.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

In my school if the class numbers get too big they just tend to make up another class - does that not happen in most other schools? Like the only subjects that there is one class for are the ones that fewer people take like Home ec, physics, art, music, ag. science etc. Whereas because lots of people wanted to do chemistry in my year they made up 2 classes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

The classes a quiet big in the I.E , it's annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Rich1691

The lowest is 16 in my Physics class (although there are two classes in the year) and the highest is DCG with 28 people. Other classes are pretty full aswell but the numbers dropped by at least one or two because of the people who went to private schools for the LC!

Advertisement