Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Further Water Restrictions

• 05-02-2010 11:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.sdcc.ie/

Just so you're all aware, they're restricting water again over the next couple of days. I was caught unawares this evening and now I've no water to fill my kettle :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,188 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

:(

Flow coming out of my tap is dismal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I was out all day,only got in now. Thanks for the heads up,i thought we were finished with this bollox.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,611 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

lord lucan wrote: »
    i thought we were finished with this bollox.:mad:

If only :mad:

Water gone again now. And it has been for the past 3 or 4 days. It's pathetic. Is it too much to ask to have a glass of water when going to bed? Is it too much to ask to have a shower in the morning? Is Ireland now a third world country?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Whereabouts are you based in Lucan, Unkel?

I've definitely noticed a decrease in water pressure since the cold snap and the water is a lot more oxygenated when it comes out of the tap - i.e. very cloudy due to loads of air bubbles.

However, bar two nights when the whole water supply was cut off in Lucan, we've had water the whole time.

I've had water the whole time barr restrictions but it takes nearly 24 hours for the water to return to reasonable quality,ie. not cloudy and tasting like ****e. I'm in Mount Andrew off of Lomans rd.

• Advertisement

Heroditas wrote: »
    Whereabouts are you based in Lucan, Unkel?

In the middle and as far south as you can go in Lucan :)

My estate is off Griffeen Avenue and there are fields south of my garden wall.

Funny enough, I've had no issues with the water being cloudy or tasting badly, but then the drinking water comes through the waterfilter and then the fridge.

And the water is gone again... :rolleyes:

And the water is yet gone again :rolleyes:

I heard another (semi) state body employs super intelligent people. The average ESB worker costs over €100,000.00 :rolleyes:

Maybe these supermen / superwomen can sort us out. Maybe not. Sorry for rant.

unkel wrote: »
    And the water is yet gone again :rolleyes:

I heard another (semi) state body employs super intelligent people. The average ESB worker costs over €100,000.00 :rolleyes:

Maybe these supermen / superwomen can sort us out. Maybe not. Sorry for rant.

What annoyed me was there was 2 different dates listed on their website for restrictions. The front page on SDCC.IE had restriction tonight,the schedule they linked to had tomorrow night!:mad:

lord lucan wrote: »
    What annoyed me was there was 2 different dates listed on their website for restrictions. The front page on SDCC.IE had restriction tonight,the schedule they linked to had tomorrow night!:mad:

I got sick of having to look up their website every day so I gave that up. I'm just taking the nasty surprises as they happen :(

• Advertisement

According to SDCC.ie all water restrictions have been lifted for now.

Advertisement