Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAS to be demolished. Rumour or truth?

Options
  • 06-02-2010 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

I heard from someone that they are to demolish the Fas-building?

Anyone know anything about this or is it just an illfated rumour?

Sure it is a sore sight, but it does serve a purpoe still, doesn't it?

(And no, i'm not thinking of it as a shelter for the drunks in the rain) :P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

I would'nt be surprised now the Tax Office has gone out of there, but I havent heard anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dob74

Its going to be knocked but due to the downturn this wont happen for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

They were supposed to knock it down alright. Since alot of work was done on Grand Parade, it was going to be replaced with a more pleasing building as when you look down the Parade, it's a real eyesore. The library as well was supposed to be knocked. But looks as it it will be put-off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

the building is half empty. The only folks left in the whole thing are the Fas offices. Havent' seen or noticed any notices though as yet. Ya know those tiny little things with small print in a5 size etc stating as destruction/construction of new apartments as such.

Now the money is not there I suspect it will stand as it is. Note the lack of large cranes in Cork lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Note the lack of large cranes in Cork lately?

Red necking or whooping?:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭cork2

hopefully the fas people are inside when they knock it!. but ya i dont think there a single tower cranc left in the city is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Typewriter

Advertisement