Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fringe benefits?

• 06-02-2010 12:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Hi, I'm thinking of getting a fringe cut but not sure about it. I have the same shapped head as alicia keys but not sure if it suits. I could only find one photo of her with a fringe which isn't very good. I've seen fringes work very well on people whos jaw is norrower than the rest of their face, but that is not the case with me, its more the same width. These photos are great but what do you think? fringe or no fringe?
    alicia_keys.jpg
    alicia-keys-07.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭window_licker

if your not sure go for a wispy fringe the first time round, i was asking the same questions yesterday, went to the hairdressers just asked for a wispy fringe, now i can push it over to the side if i want to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Ask your hairdresser.
    I got a fringe a year ago and I love it - would never grow it out. Didn't think it would suit me and one day my hairdresser suggested it. I had said when I went in I want something different, so I said why not. Its only hair - it'll grow out if you don't like it. Also, you can sweep it over to the side while growing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Dim

True, good advice! thanks. Do you think fringes make you look younger?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I think I've pretty much had a fringe in some shape or form for my whole life. Sometimes it's a very long side fringe, sometimes I get it cut into a very blunt, full fringe. I love fringes, personally.

I think you should go for it, because if you don't like it, they are honestly very easy to clip back and they grow out quickly. You won't know if it looks good, or if you like it 'til you take the plunge.

As for fringes making people look younger, it really depends on the person. A fringe can look good on one person, awful on another. A fringe can make one person look younger, have no effect that way on another. I don't think my fringe makes me look younger though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I think you should go for it! Just don't make my mistake and attempt to cut it yourself lol :o

And definitely get one of the small roundy brushes (so not it's proper name :D), they're great for keeping your fringe from going flat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Dim

sold. I'm gonna get a fringe. Thanks :D

Advertisement