Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

Options
  • 06-02-2010 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Just finished it and have to say though I loved the story that gameplay wasn't really my cup of tea. Also the story only really began after day 130 or so, which was about a third into the game and thus a bit late ...

Anyone who really enjoyed those challenges? I think redoing all the missions with some silly conditions isn't really that much fun ... I'd rather have played some cool sidequests like in the other KH games ...

Anyways, no bad game at all and I'm really looking forward to Birth by Sleep :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

So far, the Kingdom Hearts games have been really well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I've played 1 and 2, is 358/2 Days worth playing? Birth By Sleep looks really good, I'll certainly be getting that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Mr. K wrote: »
    I've played 1 and 2, is 358/2 Days worth playing? Birth By Sleep looks really good, I'll certainly be getting that.

I've never played a KH game yet (I have both PS2 ones in back log). IIRC from reading the likes of NeoGaf, 358/2 is a spin-off that takes a while for the story to start and Birth By Sleep is main line story.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭kickarykee

Mr. K wrote: »

If you're a fan of the series, defininately - if not, I'd rather pick up some other RPG.

As Panda said, the story starts really slow and only picks up a little pace at about 1/3 (= a rough 10 hours) into the game and as a fan of the series you might not like the system, either ... it's mission based and to get the "bonus" stuff you have to redo all the missions in Challenge mode, which I personally found a bit bothersome ...

Anyways, it was a good game, after all - just definately not the best in the series, and the last third of the game/story was fan service as it should be ... anyone who's played KH II will know how Roxas' organization XIII "career" ended and playing that was real fun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭OxfordComma

I loved the storyline too, and the game as a whole reminded me a lot of Crisis Core - it's a pretty similar kind of concept. I found that the missions got really tedious though, and some of them just seemed to drag the game out longer than necessary.

Eagerly awaiting Birth by Sleep though, I think it'll be amazing!

• Advertisement
Advertisement