Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weight loss

• 06-02-2010 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Well
    Im getting married in 11 weeks and trying my best to lose a bit of weight, im late 20's, 6ft 2 and 17stone,i play gaa three times a week and soccer one night so i get loads of excercise.
    I try my best to eat right but im a fussy eater, my normal day would be

Breakfast
    2 wheetabix

Lunch
    2 yougurts
    apple
    banana
    and usually a cupasoup

Dinner
    Usually 3 scoops of spuds and meet(chicken,pork or beef)

i also try my best to drink atleast 2 litres of water a day.
    Im losing some weight but barely any lately, am i doing anything wrong,started doing a bit of extra running to help but have gilmores groin so cant do a major amount of that.

Any tips for me, any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Well
    Im getting married in 11 weeks and trying my best to lose a bit of weight, im late 20's, 6ft 2 and 17stone,i play gaa three times a week and soccer one night so i get loads of excercise.
    I try my best to eat right but im a fussy eater, my normal day would be

Breakfast
    2 wheetabix

Lunch
    2 yougurts
    apple
    banana
    and usually a cupasoup

Dinner
    Usually 3 scoops of spuds and meet(chicken,pork or beef)

i also try my best to drink atleast 2 litres of water a day.
    Im losing some weight but barely any lately, am i doing anything wrong,started doing a bit of extra running to help but have gilmores groin so cant do a major amount of that.

Any tips for me, any help would be greatly appreciated

hi, try to eat more vegetables instead of two of the potato scoops. your diet looks very little tbh for somebody who does a lot of exercise. are you sure thats full diet? how long have you been following diet above? you didnt put on excell weight on that diet i reckon .. what about beer, how often you drink? seeing as its only 11 week to the big day i would up the exercise to 6 days a week and cut out all junk ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Cupasoup? That's pretty much gluey flour and salt. You can do a lot better than that.

I'm a bit suspicious of your lunch. If those are flavoured yogurts, it's quite possible your lunch is 400-500 calories, and most of those going to waste. Instead, try having a piece of fish (Lidl and Adli do good single portions, or just open a tin) with a big green salad. You'll have fewer calories and much better nutrition.

As Corkcomp said, more veg and less spuds.

Since you didn't mention amounts, or the milk on your weetabix, I'm assuming there are other things you didn't mention, cups of tea with milk or sugar, other small things like that?

At 17 stone, the weight should come off pretty easily, or the first couple of stone anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭thehookster

I hate most veg, only really like carrots, so maybe more carrots less spuds.I dont drink and i dont smoke, but i probably would have a few snacks most days could be a biscuit or two, try my best to have an apple.Im not a big fish man but im going to try change my lunch to a salad and fruit maybe. In the morning i would just use fairly small amount of milk.I dont drink tea either(im fussy as i said, god help the wife to be :) )
    I think im doing ok but would just like to do better as i have a bit of a double chin and i would love that gone by the wedding day.
    Thanks for the comments so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

id say just keep going as you are an re-evaluate every 7 - 10 days. try to be as active as possible. normally I would tell people to allow themselves treats here and there but If I were you id 100% cut out ALL snacks and junk for 11 weeks, after all it is your wedding day!
    im not saying go hungry, just eat lots of vegetables, fruit, chicken, turkey, fish, porridge .. as Eileen mentioned you should be able to drop weight quickly enough by cutting out junk ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

hi hookster,
    my stats were pretty similar to yours at the start of the year but have been really disciplined since jan and am down nearly a stone already. same as you i'm not a big veg fan so to counter this i've bought a juicer and every morning now i have a big juice with a good mix of fruit and veg in it. as long as you throw a couple of apples or half a pineapple in it you don't taste the veg. the house is now free from any type of junk and i've been keeping a food diary and have a private blog keeping track of all the exercise i do. last thing is try and change the spuds to noodles or brown rice. get into a good routine and you'll be sorted!

• Advertisement
Advertisement