Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!

• 06-02-2010 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

I was trying to find out what was wrong with my internet a while ago and I pressed the reset button instead of the OFF button and now when i try to connect to my wireless modem it says:

The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network:confused::confused::confused:

What did/will I do??

I'm on Perlico and have a Zyxel router..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭patrickc

have you the settings that came with the router?

if so i'd delete the connection there in network and sharing and then , log into your routers homepage, setup as new with the settings you got from perlico, and then try connect .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Rob113

Its happened to me a few times.

There is a couple of things you might have to do.

Control Panel -> Network & Sharing Centre -> Manage Wireless Networks -> Select the Zyxel connection thats already there and then delete it.
    After its deleted go back to the network & sharing centre and search available networks. The computer will find your modem. Try to connect to it. If it connects then happy days.

It might connect but when you try load up the internet it will bring up a blue screen at which point you will have to enter your username and password. The password is about 17 digits long and would have been given to you when you set up your modem.

You might need to connect the pc to the modem using the isdn cable you would have got with the modem whilst doing all this.

If you ring through to Perlico broadband support they will give you the password over the phone.

They used to be 24/7 but not sure if they still are.

good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭moikey

Thanks lads i'll try that

Advertisement