Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

credit where credits due

• 06-02-2010 1:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭

I moved house within carlow town, and am with UTV have been for the last 5 years or so. I wanted to stay with them and keep my number, and I rang Eircom to see what the story was 1st, as they deal with it and just resell like. Eircom said I had to go back to them 1st and then i could port over after 6 months, but it was the only way I could keep my same landline number. bahhh

so I rang utv and they said fill in a moving house form and they'd have it done in 3 to 5 working days, I asked for the old line and BB to be cut off last Friday and yesterday landline was activated, today I have BB, far greater speeds and quality than the last house too, obviously line is better.

so fair play to UTV, and Eircom for processing it so quick.

just wanted to post a positive thread in here for a change

Patrick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

You trying to get yourself banned? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

You are thanking Eircon for not screwing you for a 6 month contract because UTV gave you a workaround their POS 6 month contract they are screwing peeps into ? Doesn't make any sense to even thank Eircon when all they did was try to entice you into a contract that Comreg should have made illegal.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭patrickc

d22ontour wrote: »
    You are thanking Eircon for not screwing you for a 6 month contract because UTV gave you a workaround their POS 6 month contract they are screwing peeps into ? Doesn't make any sense to even thank Eircon when all they did was try to entice you into a contract that Comreg should have made illegal.....

well yeh I dont agree with the way Eircom work whatsoever, but I just thought they would drag their heels when utv applied for the transfer, so in that respect they did their job well and quickly IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Eircom do not deserve any credit for anything,

Im sorry but they are probably the worst company in Ireland besides the bank.....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Kev. wrote: »
    Eircom do not deserve any credit for anything,

Im sorry but they are probably the worst company in Ireland besides the bank.....

As much as I dislike eircom you can't argue with historical stuff on this forum,

Historically speaking other then ADSL availability eircom get very little complaints on this forum in respect of their actual support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Cabaal wrote: »
    Historically speaking other then ADSL availability eircom get very little complaints on this forum in respect of their actual support.

Sorry Cabaal but with respect thats absolute rubbish,nearly everyone on this forum has something bad to say about Eircom and in no way is it all about availability.

If we had a half decent company running the broadband monopoly in this country we would all have 10-20 mb broadband with no exchange overload and we wouldnt be dealing with 48/1 contension ratios!

Advertisement