Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can i sign off?

Options
  • 06-02-2010 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

hi,
    ive been on the dole for about 6 months now.
    ive decided to go traveling to asia for the next six weeks.
    what is the best thing to do about my dole?
    should i do nothing and not collect?
    should i sign off? will that mean i can just sign back on when i get back and avoid the really long waiting period? or will i have to go through it all again?
    please help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Pages/jajbfaq.aspx#q18
    "A person may receive Jobseeker's Benefit or Jobseeker's Allowance for 2 weeks holidays (i.e. 12 days excluding Sundays) in any calendar year. These holidays may be taken abroad.

The person is required to inform the Local Office 2 weeks in advance of their departure and to complete form UP 30. All holiday payments should be made retrospectively, upon confirmation of the position when the person signs on again (on the next normal signing day after their return). If a person goes on holiday for longer than 2 weeks, they may be paid in respect of the first two weeks, but should not receive payment for any period abroad in excess of this..."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Go in and talk to someone in your local office.
    If you just go away and don't tell them your claim will be closed and you will have to start all over again.
    You may be able to take your 2 weeks holidays and they might keep your claim open for the other 4 weeks.
    However, they might close it and you may have to reapply again.
    Go speak with them before you go.

Advertisement