Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted - Music Lovers of all shapes and sizes

Options
  • 06-02-2010 5:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

First off, this will be unpaid work, apologises but i am not in the position to offer any salary for work contributed. If still interested please read on

Ok so here in Ireland there is a limited number of music/entertainment magazines. I am hoping with the right people to create an online monthly free downloadable pdf magazine of between 32-40 pages.

What my vision entails is an alt-rock/punk/metal etc orientated magazine which will include some of this countries fine un-signed bands along with some international super acts.

Along with music interviews, reviews etc i will hope to have some film and tv reviews and yes some sports orientated articles.

What i need is a core group of between 5-6 people who would be willing to dedicate a few hours to write and brainstorm. No experience required.

Also possibly most importantly, my knowledge of web design and design in general is quite limited, so I need 2 graphic designers to help put together a website and actually put together the magazine.

If this actually works and in time through advertising i begin to generate some income there will of course be oppertunity for payment.

What i offer will be a chance to interview some pretty cool bands, tickets to gigs for review purposes, albums and dvds for review purposes and just a chance at being part of something interesting.

What i require is an e-mail outlying what you can bring to the table, no long winded cvs needed. I just want you to tell me a little about yourself and what your skills are.

I promise to attempt to answer any e-mail/reply/pm a.s.a.p.
    Thanks in advance for viewing this ad and hopefully you have felt compelled to mail me. This all may fall through, but sure as the saying goes... “nothing ventured...”

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'd be interested in contributing. Have a journalism degree, worked as an online editor and run a website already.

You didn't provide an email address though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Angelicus_22

Hey man,
    ah yes i know, really due to the fact i havent a title for sed magazine, i just thought id throw the ad out and people would either reply to the post or pm me....

Cheers man, would love to hear more about what you did and such so just send me a pm. much appreciated. Slan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

sounds really interesting. PM me if you need someone for reviews and stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Sounds cool, unlike Xavi I've never done anything like this before, but I can write reasonably well when I apply myself and I listen to lots of music, a huge chunk of which is unsigned or independant bands. So I'll send you on a PM later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

This sounds really interesting! Don't have any experience writing stuff like it myself, but I'm sure I can learn ;) I'll send you on a PM.

• Advertisement
Advertisement