Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pin Hole Camera - problem at the end!

• 06-02-2010 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭

So I got a Hole-on ex pinhole camera kit as a present and finally got around to making it up... see below!

4F70FA824B7F49F4B451815DDE091A3D.jpg

FC1642AAE23647FE82EED8DD322B80D4.jpg

7931072C2AEC43BAA984C7F238B575CF.jpg

E73E7412148B49B4A7EDF4CBC362CA38.jpg

FFD8CA1AE9A348DE9B147B4678826DEF.jpg

2DAD13843AB9430EAD20663EEBC621A4.jpg

C793A9F6742C4186A9BEFF2020B06BE2.jpg

B1A0481E3EF2431AB4DC2A8681E34562.jpg

So that was all fine, gluing (is that how you spell it or is it glueing) my fingers to it and all, but now I see that there is no way to reel the film back in and the manual says to brink it to a camera shop to get it developed.... and what happens to my camera?
    Is it treated like a one use camera and wrecked while getting out the film?
    Is it actually only a one use camera?
    Anybody have an idea how or where I can get the film out so I can use the camera again?

I haven't put the film in yet but would have thought it would be better to be able to use the camera again and perfect the pinhole art!

All suggestions, thoughts are welcome. I would prefer to ruin the film and try again than ruin the camera and not be able to try again.

Many Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

You'll need a darkbag that you can pop the camera into, remove the film, and wind it back into the cannister, then drop that into the lab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

or if you go to a lab and talk to the staff who do the processing they may let you use their darkbag or they may do it for you without destroying the camera

but to answer your question, yes it does look like a single use pinhole camera

if you use a SLR, you could also try something like this:
    http://www.camerahacker.com/EOS_Pin-Hole_Lens/index.shtml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

John Gunn has taken film out of cameras in the shop in a dark box for me. You could try that? I don't know whether the bits glue back on, but it could be doable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

It's made of cardboard, right ? It should be pretty easy to add a rewinding mechanism of some description. Cut a length of dowling or something, notch it so it engages the film canister spindle, and cut a hole in the camera body to slide it in and out. Make sure the hole is light tight somehow. Put film in, slide dowel down until it engages the canister. Take shots, use dowel at end to rewind film back into the can.

Advertisement