Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lip Piercing.

Options
  • 06-02-2010 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Theres probably a load of threads on this but anyway, I got my lip pierced on Thursday in a place in Holland.It was really clean and all the rest of it, but I was given a bar of disinfectant soap to clean the outside of it with and I'm just wondering if its that hygienic?. Or am I better to stick with salt and water?

I've opened the bar of soap and its covered but I still think there's air getting at it. And also is there any things I should avoid doing/eating?.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭NikNakOoo

Air would not contaminate the bar of soap, it would be the germs on your fingers... so make sure you wash your hands with a different bar of soap and leave the antibacterial soap for your piercing only. Make sure it dries completely between use- bacteria love moisture.

Check out the piercing guidelines here.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

wtf???? they gave you a bar of soap??? ooooooooooooook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 BodyShock

You can never go with Sea salt and warm water. Antibacterial soap sometimes has alcohol and other harsh chemicals that can cause irretation. Use the saline solution for both inside and out and it should heal nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

BodyShock wrote: »
    You can never go with Sea salt and warm water. Antibacterial soap sometimes has alcohol and other harsh chemicals that can cause irretation. Use the saline solution for both inside and out and it should heal nicely.

You meant "you can never go wrong with..." yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Nemo123

I've had my lip pierced twice and i only used soap and water and it worked fine i've never heard if getting a bar of soap haha ..try to avoid burgers for a week or two

• Advertisement
Advertisement