Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Season

Options
  • 06-02-2010 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭

the new leagues are up and suddenly ive got a tricky little division. 2 good teams promoted and very good team relegated from div 2. Crap, i was hoping for an easy run this season. welcome to div 3 yermen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

I got promoted to Division III. Everyteam has a far superior CSR. I think I'm gonna focus on a cup run and improving my players and squad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 bunghoe

Oisinjmm wrote: »
    I got promoted to Division III. Everyteam has a far superior CSR. I think I'm gonna focus on a cup run and improving my players and squad

The s8 changes will also have an impact You might surprise yourself. I got a BOT drop from divII to my div III league and two weaker teams got promoted from div 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

You have got to be frickin' kidding me...

There's only one human player in my league and he's just gotten out of Division V. BAH! Hello boredom my old friend, I see your days aren't at an end... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Well im still in the same division, a few clubs have managers now so it should provided a good test this season as I look to win the league.

Got a Div IV bot for the cup, but I should be able to take him, using normal intensity.

So in the next week I foresee a loss on Monday, a win on Wednesday and then Saturday, followed by the opening round of the Boards cup...

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

Well im still in shock at my stupidity in getting relegated. I just presumed cause i finished 5th that i was safe. Fup it anyway.

So anyway back to division 4 and utter, utter boredom!! I have 4 bots in all.

Gonna be a breeze but thats not what i want. I want it to be like last season where i struggled but still took a few big scalps. It was more interesting that way. Sob sob....cue music

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I'm apparently in Div III.1. FFS. I'm going to be slaughtered. Repeatedly.

satory wrote: »

Got a Div IV bot for the cup, but I should be able to take him, using normal intensity.

If I'm correct, and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but you should always be able to beat a bot with WNWIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Fewcifur wrote: »
    If I'm correct, and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but you should always be able to beat a bot with WNWIM.

Actually i'd challenge anyone to lose to a bot. Don't think it can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

The dizzy heights of div IV.5

Im ****ed financially after a couple of stupid decisions post promotion, so I may find out how much they enforce bankruptcy rules before getting to play a league game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

ha, ye i went a little overboard with the stadium expansion and the advertising for new coaches!

Thank god got home cup game and first two fixtures in league are home also, could have got messy if league started off with a few aways!:eek:

• Advertisement

corny wrote: »

Cool then I think its a week of WNWIN as I've got a bot match on saturday. IGT -> FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Literally have no idea what my finances will be like this season until I see how much my wage bill has gone up this week. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

eoferrall wrote: »
    ha, ye i went a little overboard with the stadium expansion and the advertising for new coaches!

Thank god got home cup game and first two fixtures in league are home also, could have got messy if league started off with a few aways!:eek:

Lol! Ditto. I was awaiting the fixture list with baited breath!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Fewcifur wrote: »

i think i managed that last season in the cup :( - lost to a divIII bot!

My new div doesnt look as tough as i thought it might be....all teams (bar 1) have comparable CSRs for players....so might manage to take a few scalps (with a LTNT here and there to keep me winning!)

should (hopefully) stay up this year (unless i've just jinxed it!):eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Thanks for the welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 bunghoe

The dizzy heights of div IV.5

Im ****ed financially after a couple of stupid decisions post promotion, so I may find out how much they enforce bankruptcy rules before getting to play a league game :)

I think they give you two weeks to get back in order. Reduce the YA to 5K and put one or two players up for sale even just to get you back within your overdraft limits. Revenue from the cup is split 50/50 regardless if your at home or playing away you should get some revenue from wednesday nights cup match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

daheff wrote: »
    i think i managed that last season in the cup :( - lost to a divIII bot!

My new div doesnt look as tough as i thought it might be....all teams (bar 1) have comparable CSRs for players....so might manage to take a few scalps (with a LTNT here and there to keep me winning!)

should (hopefully) stay up this year (unless i've just jinxed it!):eek:

It will take a very brave manager to decide to TNT this season (apart from palyoff games) the changes to recovery and linking injuries to energy levels could mean one TNT costing your season! I know myself f I won't use it at all after spending most of last season with 5 key players injured at a time due to the injury system targeting attacking teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I think they give you two weeks to get back in order
    I put a couple of players up for sale for 10k [hoping to cash in on the early season transfer madness, where everyone has loads of cash]. One of my better young players and older player with a good CSR but crappy actual stats [bar kicking].

Just recieved a redicilous first bid of over 50k for the old player! Between that and the cup game tonight I should be ok.

Hurray for muppets with more money than sense :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Not seen this piece of commentry before.... how does it make you boys feel? :eek:

[URL="javascript:playerClick(3431390);"]Coveney[/URL] has rolled away from that last scrummage in apparent agony! He's holding on tightly to his manhood and.... and here comes the doc with his suture kit! My word, it's like a rerun of the 'Battle of Nantes'! Some of [URL="javascript:teamClick(44523);"]Munster Mark II's[/URL] mates look on in curiosity as the doc gets to work...

Not seen this piece of commentry before.... how does it make you boys feel? :eek:

Coveney has rolled away from that last scrummage in apparent agony! He's holding on tightly to his manhood and.... and here comes the doc with his suture kit! My word, it's like a rerun of the 'Battle of Nantes'! Some of Munster Mark II's mates look on in curiosity as the doc gets to work...

Suture kit? Battle of Nantes? ... jaysus

• Advertisement

[URL="javascript:playerClick(3431390);"]Coveney[/URL] has rolled away from that last scrummage in apparent agony! He's holding on tightly to his manhood and.... and here comes the doc with his suture kit! My word, it's like a rerun of the 'Battle of Nantes'! Some of [URL="javascript:teamClick(44523);"]Munster Mark II's[/URL] mates look on in curiosity as the doc gets to work...

Mama mia... Dreamer ire, that does not make me feel well at all!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

eoferrall wrote: »
    Mama mia... Dreamer ire, that does not make me feel well at all!:eek:

Yet another advantage of being a woman lol

Yet another advantage of being a woman lol

Heres one just there from my game, made me laugh anyway from the randomness of it!
    blackout wrote:
    Another ruck is formed, and the ball pops back from the chocolate factory!

corny wrote: »

OOH its possible....

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/tools.live.scoring.php#fixture=4147414

Not my club, but Nastic Bru are in my league this year, the other is the bot.

satory wrote: »
    OOH its possible....

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/tools.live.scoring.php#fixture=4147414

Not my club, but Nastic Bru are in my league this year, the other is the bot.

Bet he feels a bit of a tit now!!

Advertisement