Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I set my document root to index.cgi in cgi-bin on letshost.ie using cpanel

Options
  • 06-02-2010 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi,

I think the title explains most of this, i.e. I want my cgi-bin to be my document root.

I can kind of achieve this using redirection (easy in cpanel), as in redirect www.mysite.com to www.mysite.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi, but I'm wondering if this messes up search engine indexing, pagerank and what not? My suspicion is that it probably does.

So if anybody here is using letshost.ie or another cpanel based hosting service and has an ideas it'd be great to hear them!

Thank,

Paul.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭fuzzsc00ta

I think cPanel defaults the document root of the primary domain to public_html. As far as I'm aware, this cannot be changed by the cPanel user. However, you can set custom root directories for Addon domains.

Your best bet would be to contact Letshost support and explain what you are trying to accomplish (and why, as there may be other solutions to the problem).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Billz

If you have a VPS w / apache you can modify your httpd.conf file to point to your custom doc root.

Otherwise defining another doc root should be handy enough. You could probably do a redirect if you needed to aswell

Advertisement