Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviva Health-bad for you?

Options
  • 06-02-2010 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Rang Aviva Health on Thur 28th Jan to get a quote for me and my missus. €1420 quoted and confirmed by email, quote valid for 30 days.
    Rang Tuesday 2nd Feb to take up the offer. Sorry, price is now €1560, I was informed. What about the quote being valid for 30 days? I asked. Nah, that was a special offer till the end of Feb, price has now gone up. Fired off an email on Wed to see what they were upto and got a phone call on Friday.
    Smart fella, his line was that the quote WAS valid for 30 days but they could increase the price at any time so now the price, 8 days into the duration of the quote, was indeed €1560. Needless to say I'm still with Quinn.
    Are they correct in this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Their loss.....

I switched to Aviva 2 years ago when they were def the cheapest, I as with Quinn and they introduced a charge for paying monthly so I left.

Last year it wasn't worth changing, very little difference.

Now this year, Quinn are €400 less (4 people) even with the monthly charge.

Go figure!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Yep - I switched myself. I moved from Bupa to Hibernian. But this year Quinn were cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

That offer was valid until the 30th - you sure that's not what they said?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This is an interesting question about the validity of quotes.

Do any posters know more about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭dusty207

Morning Slice

No, I've just looked at the email and there is still 20 days to go on the quote, see below:

The following documents are available to you, based on the quote you’ve requested.
    Aviva is dedicated to providing you with the best quality health insurance. We work hard to bring you relevant plans that offer you excellent cover and access to the best healthcare available, so that you have the peace of mind to know that should something happen, we are looking out for you.
    This quote will expire in 20 day(s).

Thats as of Sunday, 7th Feb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭dusty207

Hi, just to fill in some gaps:

Original quote, valid for 30 days, 28th Jan.

Level 2 Hospital 04/01/1953 0 Policyholder €582.00 €128.00 €710.00
    Dependant 1 Level 2 Hospital

AdultDependant €582.00 €128.00 €710.00
    Quote Total:
    €1,420.00

Avg. monthly payment:€118.33

All prices include government levy, are net of tax relief at source (the standard rate) and include 10% online discount

Second, validating quote, taken this morning from their email:

The following documents are available to you, based on the quote you’ve requested.
    Aviva is dedicated to providing you with the best quality health insurance. We work hard to bring you relevant plans that offer you excellent cover and access to the best healthcare available, so that you have the peace of mind to know that should something happen, we are looking out for you.
    This quote will expire in 20 day(s).

Third, what they are now charging, 7th Feb: 10 days after giving original quote:

Level 2 Hospital 04/01/1953 Adult Policyholder €652.00 €128.00 €780.00 Ms Blah Blah Level 2 Hospital 02/02/1959 Adult AdultDependant €652.00 €128.00 €780.00
    Quote Total:
    €1,304.00 + €256.00 = €1,560.00

Avg. monthly payment:€130.00

All prices include government levy, are net of tax relief at source (the standard rate) and include 10% online discount

This is now what they will charge. Hope this reads ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

I changed us over to the Plan 1 with Aviva, is much cheaper, covers 75% of private and full public. Usually get seen publically anyway so don't see why I should change for private!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,699 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

They can change their quote at any time, just bad customer relations if they do, nothing to stop them legally (invitation to treat and all that).

Advertisement