Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are ye embarrassed?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Pittens wrote: »
    ..... At this stage I would suggest ending the thread.

You don't dictate when a thread ends, irrespective of the skewed logic you present.

Using even a tiny bit of common sense: if the Irish are the second most productive people on the planet, then Ireland would not be in the predicament it is in now and not "a nation in a financial death spiral" according to the Wall Street Journal today.
    Keep your heads in the sand and it may not happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭mr_happy

Im the late eighties The European news paper had a survey of some sort and its findings about Ireland were:

Its an isolated island
    They fight and drink a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Why the fuck would anyone Irish be embarrassed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

No need to be embarrased unless you did something to embarrass yourself

Sure every country is fcuked

Don't take the weight of the nation on your shoulders kids :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

You claim was that we "Catholics" were lazy becuase we didnt work on Sudnay. WEll historically Protestants dont work or play on Sunday.

I demand you quote my claim that Catholics were lazy. :confused: Or stop lying to try to make some stupid point. Perhaps if you weren't scrabbling around being so over the top defensive you might actually read what I posted.

I have no idea why you think anything historical about taking days off for religious reasons hundreds of years ago bears any semblance of relevance with the way things are today in the majority of a population - which is what people are posting about. :confused::confused::confused:
    And historical influence is presumably what you meant by Protestant and Catholic values -

What I meant by what? If you are going to accuse me of something, try ensuring it was actually me that said it! :rolleyes: :mad:

YOU are the one trying to make some off the wall suggestion that having trouble finding anything open or running on Sundays today in the Republic of Ireland is somehow a non-issue because historically having a Sunday off was down to protestantism, choosing to blindly ignore the fact that a predominantly protestant country like the UK doesn't have such issues today while Ireland does - so what it has to do with protestantism in Ireland in 2010 is beyond me. :confused:

Am I embarresed? Yes, when in the 21st century, religion still causes conflict here!

I know that in other parts of the world* the people are reverting to religion to escape from the harsh realities of life, but I thought that we were above that.

*The middle East for example, even the US to a lesser extent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭Angry Troll

just came across this article http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/0219/breaking32.html ...thought it kinda fits the topic...

Advertisement