If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speakers to match Onkyo TX-SR507

Options
  • 06-02-2010 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm thinking of buying the Onkyo TX-SR507 from you guys. First off, can you confirm price and if there are any other receivers you'd recommend in this price range?
    Next, I'll need speakers from you. Are there any decent free-standing speakers that would be a good match without breaking the bank. This will have to be passed by herself so style will be an issue!
    Otherwise, pricing up a decent set of speakers with stands would be helpful.

Thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

dubstub wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm thinking of buying the Onkyo TX-SR507 from you guys. First off, can you confirm price and if there are any other receivers you'd recommend in this price range?
    Next, I'll need speakers from you. Are there any decent free-standing speakers that would be a good match without breaking the bank. This will have to be passed by herself so style will be an issue!
    Otherwise, pricing up a decent set of speakers with stands would be helpful.

Thanks.

Dub,

there are a few speaker packs that will go really well with the TXSR507 - the most popular are either the Tannoy SFX 5.1 at £199.95 - the Matching Onkyo SKSHT528 at just £169.95 or the excellent Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 pack which if purchased with an AV receiver we can do at a crazy £299.95 ( Here is a review of them at £900 - the system reviewed includes the BRW10 Subwoofer instead of the VW8 sub which would make the whole system cost £449.99).

In terms of TXSR507 alternatives - I would go for the Denon AVR1610 which I think sounds miles better at £279.95.

Keep me posted if any of these interest and apologies for the delay in getting back to you!

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭dubstub

Cheers for the response John. I've heard very good things about the Denon 1610 separately as well. If you have it in silver - you've made a sale!

Torn between the Tannoy and the Audio Vector... I'll need to think about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I suppose I should have ordered the MA Vector pack when I got my Pioneer VSX1018 from you last July, John.

No chance of getting them at that price now, I guess? That's if you think they'd be a suitable match.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

I suppose I should have ordered the MA Vector pack when I got my Pioneer VSX1018 from you last July, John.

No chance of getting them at that price now, I guess? That's if you think they'd be a suitable match.

Mount,

PM sent.... ;)

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

Hi John,

Same goes for me with the purchase of my Denon AVR1910, any chance of shooting me on that PM re: MA Vectors?? :D

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.