Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who can build me a high-end gaming PC locally?

Options
  • 06-02-2010 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of a new computer to replace my old Dell Dimension 8300.

Is there anyone local who can build a tailor-made high- spec. system
    more cheaply than say, a Dell XPS 8100 with upgrades which runs to around €1300.

My main use for a new PC is Microsoft's FSX flightsim which needs a lot of raw CPU power and about 4 G of RAM minimum.

All advice appreciated.

John.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Will Dell not do it for you. They did a nice Dell XPS 8100 for me with 6 gig DDR3 ram and i5 processor. with 2 x 1 TB drives

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

you could try komplet.ie expansys.ie or elara.ieyou could pick up the components fairly cheap on those sites and then you just get someone to put it together.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Specs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

Ken there is very helpful and has a range of pre built machines of varing spec.

But they will do a custom build for you as well.

They are opposite the hurlers Pub.

Web - Cost Products

Or phone - 513053

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭Comhrá

pixbyjohn,
    could you resend the specs in another format, maybe pdf?
    I couldn't open that .docs file.

Thanks.
    John.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

www.fingalpcservices.info

They're in Dublin but I know the fella well and he'd happily drop/ship it down to you for cost I'd say, under €20.

Advertisement