Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fillys STOLEN from Co. Mayo

Options
  • 06-02-2010 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭

Friends of mine had four fillys stolen on thursday night mixture152.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

mixture130-1.jpg

mixture114-1.jpg

mixture144.jpg

Am i on the right forum for this ? sorry if im not

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Am i on the right forum for this ? sorry if im not
    There's an Equestrian forum here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=996 . It might be worth posting a link to this thread there, in case anyone has seen them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

That's terrible OP.
    Were the horses freezemarked/tattooed?
    You'd want to make sure your friend tells the Gardai, horse sanctuaries and any authorities that control horse trading/selling.
    As far as I know horses need a passport to leave the country and this should be checked at the ports but I'm sure there's plenty of fake passports around, or real ones belonging to horses that could pass as your friends'.

She has the advantage that these horses are piebald & skewbald and as such will have more distinctive markings than your average chestnut or bay horse might.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Where were they stolen from?

The season of the horse fairs is starting soon..

I've brought horses over to UK a couple of times and NOT ONCE was I asked for paperwork. Appleby Horse Fair is a BIG fair for coloured horses..

Morganna if you had details like distinguishing marks (scars etc) height and age of the fillies it would help.
    Tell your friend to put ads up on as many websites as possible including Donedeal- huge amount of horses on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

OP get your friend to contact the lnks below

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/postlist.php/Cat/0/Board/stolen

http://www.ukhorsewatch.org.uk/

Contact the ports in Ireland and across the Irish sea, I don't know where your friend is based but if your near try going in person.

Email all hunts, riding clubs and pony clubs, RDA to get the word out. Contact your local priest/pastor and see if they will do an announcement. Put notices up.

Do you have more photos showing individual markings? If not these should already be on their passports.

There is a good chance they could be going to the UK.

Is there a list of all the horse fairs in Ireland?

Don't forget to contact the marts and any local vets. Get everyone you can on your side

I hope your friend gets them back.

Are their any halting sites nearby?

Hi thanks my friends fillys where stolen from co mayo.They have contacted guardai .The men who stole the horses where actually seen doing it and 7.50pm parked up on the road a country road .One filly escaped but they caught her and took her also.They where driving a dark coloured jeep and towing a silver horse trailer.My friends have a lot of friends in horses and go to the faiirs both here and uk.They love their horses .My ex husband often took horses over and back to uk and here and was never once asked for passports.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Hey morganna, I edited the title so people will see straight away where they were taken from. That's horrible they've been taken and I really hope someone can help!

Thanks star pants

OP are they microchipped?

no i dont think so .They may be hidden away for breeding purposes as it would be risky now taking them to fairs to sell

no i dont think so .They may be hidden away for breeding purposes as it would be risky now taking them to fairs to sell

Well they were definitely taken based on their looks as they are beautiful examples of the Irish gypsy cob. Beautiful markings and feather.

I hope they are found soon their owners really look after their horses and as u can imagine are anxious to get them back,thanks everyone please keep a look out thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭YOURFACE!

This is so so awful! They are so beautiful. I would contact the ports anyway and also the slaughter houses (I know, I know it makes me sick) just in case. I would contact the ISPCA, the IHWT and the horse pounds across the country. There are also "Pet Detective" agencies they could contact. Might also be worth posting the pics in the lost and found section on www.irishanimals.com
    I have my fingers and toes crossed for them, they must be devestated.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭McKuntmissioner

Not that it matters in the least, but I wish your friends the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭CreedonsDogDayc

I would tell your friend to get on to tv3 the animal A&E show has animals for adoption at the end, its pre recorded but they ,may be able to ad the horses to the end. Get on to all tv and radio stations and describe the horses and the vehicle seen. Ad the contact details of the garda station handling the case.

I would also spread the word that they are family pets and the small children in the family are inconsolable (mightn't be true, but may make people more alert).

Perhaps advertise a reward for any information leading to their return.

Best of luck, gorgeous horses and obviously very well looked after.

Any news on these Morganna?

• Advertisement

No news at all .

Advertisement