Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beta menu subbed list

Options
  • 06-02-2010 6:49pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, just wondering if you changed something in the beta menu recently.

When I hover on my subbed list, the frame seems to be way taller than the browser and I can't see a lot of the entries.

There are two columns but there's only 11 entries in the second one.

All other menus seem to be fine.

Hope I've explained that correctly.

Tried it on FF and Chrome, no difference.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Screenshot added. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

OK, this is weird, it's working fine now & I didn't do anything to fix it. :confused:

I swear, I'm not drunk or anything - I'm glad I took the screenshot!! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'm getting this issue you were having in chrome 4.0.249.78 on windows 7 x64. Weird thing is my first column is longer than the browser, my second column is have as long and my third column has one forum in it.

Both of us are subscribed to help desk (or what used to be called the help desk) and that only had it's name changed recently. I wonder did the name change have anything to do with it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I just checked it on firefox 3.5.5 and it's happening on that as well. It doesn't happen in the other areas of the menu (like rec cat for example) in either browser.

It hasn't happened again so dunno.

Is yours still giving problems AC?

• Advertisement

Yup, still the same here. Not as bad when on a 24" monitor as opposed to my laptop. :)

Yup, still the same here. Not as bad when on a 24" monitor as opposed to my laptop. :)
    Just for kicks, try logging out and log in again and see if that fixes it.

Just to add this:

I logged out and logged in again and was no longer on the beta menu, I had to select it again and re-set the preferences so maybe it's pointing to a cookie or server selection issue?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Hi all,

Just thought I'd add to this thread, this is a bug I'm getting with the latest version of Opera(10.10) on Windows 7.

No problems with the menu with IE, Firefox or Chrome.

Happening again tonight..

logout/login or cookiemonster didn't help :)

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement