Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Etihad in flight entertainment

Options
  • 06-02-2010 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I was gonna get a dvd player for the flight but found out etihad had the us voltage on their sockets which makes things awkward. I had a look on their website and supposedly they have usb ports. Does this mean I can just load all my divx/xvid films and music onto my usb stick and watch them on their screen?!? That would be so cool!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

Goiter wrote: »
    I had a look on their website and supposedly they have usb ports. Does this mean I can just load all my divx/xvid films and music onto my usb stick and watch them on their screen?!? That would be so cool!

awe man that would be cool! I'm flying with Etihad in a few months, can anyone else confirm this? Wikipedia says they have it, but is it on all their long haul planes and is it as good as it sounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 pod76

I've flown 3 times on Etihad [that's 12 flights] to/from Australia/Dublin. I have never seen a USB port, neither have I seen anyone view movies on the screen. Lots of people watching their own movies on lap tops/DVD players though. Would also be interested if this was possible. Perhaps it is only in business/first, or a newer aircraft.

I have had broken headset ports twice though.... couldn't move seats because of baby bassinett, 14 hours with no sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

They certainly have them on the A380. I cleared all my USB drives before I left though, so didn't see what kind of interface there was if you stuck one in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

somehow I don't think i'll be lucky enough to get on an A380 :( does anyone know which planes they use for which routes?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Goiter

Here's some info on the aircrafts, I don't how accurate this info is though:
    http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Etihad_Airways/Etihad_Airways_Airbus_A340-500.php

It says the coral economy class has the plug and play ability in their flash presentation:
    http://resources.etihadairways.com/etihadairways/Flash/experienceetihad/etihad/index.html#/inflight/coral

http://www.etihadairways.com/sites/etihad/ie/en/experienceetihad/intheair/pages/inFlightEntertainment.aspx

Feel like buying an mp3 player just in case. Seems a bit too good to be true. Will it have folder access or do I have to dump all my mp3s onto the usb drive in an awkward mess? I'd be very surprised if the entertainment system plays xvid and divx videos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

I arrived by Etihad to Melbourne yesterday, it must have been an A340 on both legs.
    No usb ports in any class, I looked on my way out and in.
    I can confirm that Etihad economy class is one of the worst airlines I''ve ever flown on. Cramped seats, pretty similar leg room to Ryanair. Absolutely nothing fancy about Etihad.
    As far as listening to anything, mp3 players etc, if you can hear it over the engines you'd be lucky. Maybe business/1st class has the luxury of insulation..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Flew back with them the other day, all seats had USB ports for the screens and non-aisle seats had a socket (2 pin straight), unsure of voltage.

Can't remember what type of aircraft it was though sorry.

Advertisement