Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your worst outfit ever that makes you cringe now??

• 06-02-2010 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

Well had this debate with friends im young yet but in a few years wonder what i will pick

What were your bad ones??:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

I had these short tartan dungarees kinda thing cringe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Remember those shirts going around years back that had tribal things on the short sleeves and stuff like dragons and **** down the from, yeah , i owned one

*cringe*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭TheLargerBowl

An outfit I had in my early teens (mid-late 90s)... lime green satin shirt, black velvet bootcut trousers, black patent heels. Ugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

Ugh... Id be here all night.

Member trouser skirts??? had like two pairs... I blame steps!!

Cookie Jar wrote: »
    Ugh... Id be here all night.

Member trouser skirts??? had like two pairs... I blame steps!!

Go on spill the beans.....

whats a trouser skirt???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Go on spill the beans.....

whats a trouser skirt???

Exactly what it says on the tin! A pair of trousers with a skirt over it :D

Exactly what it says on the tin! A pair of trousers with a skirt over it :D

When were they popular?

Think my teen disco days were the worst

When were they popular?
    Probably around 99-2000, I seem to recall having one at about that stage too.

Probably around 99-2000, I seem to recall having one at about that stage too.

Throw up an example if you can lol

Something like this...

ToughGirlSkirtHotLegsBlack_350x387.jpg

• Advertisement

Something like this...

ToughGirlSkirtHotLegsBlack_350x387.jpg

oh!!i had white knee boots 2 pairs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SadieSue

The sailor suit I wore for my Confirmation in the early 90's :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

i had a polkadot dress from laura ashley with a straw hat :o

I think the worst was a pair of red ski pants and a polo neck cardi combo i had for onr christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Not so much an outfit but I used to wear bandanas after I went bald, sigh. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

I don't think childhood outfits count, I'm gonna say something that I actually picked out myself and bought with my own "grown up" money :pac:

WhenI I first turned 18, clubbing was a whole new thing to me, so under the influence o my friend I went into *cringe* "Swamp" and got this purple dress, which looking back it's safe to say I looked like a proper slag in eek :/ Totally not me and I dunno what possessed me at the time, I do wear short dresses now but not that tacky or cheap :pac:

(I have a picture of it, well me taking a picture in the mirror from when we showing each other outfits, afraid to post)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Vinta81 wrote: »
    (I have a picture of it, well me taking a picture in the mirror from when we showing each other outfits, afraid to post)

Up with it! :)

I dress well thank god. So I'm safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sillyputty

When i was younger i was attached to a hideous Shell Tracksuit.

I thought it was so fashionable but looking back i looked like a tiny Scouser.

sillyputty wrote: »
    When i was younger i was attached to a hideous Shell Tracksuit.

I thought it was so fashionable but looking back i looked like a tiny Scouser.

I can't believe they are still going around! Little skangers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Can't think of anything really to be honest. Well, I wore dungarees till I was about 14, but they were super cool really. :P

Fago_25 wrote: »
    Up with it! :)

I dress well thank god. So I'm safe.

Please note, this is a picture of me standing in front of an old mirror 2 years ago :p *cringe* and my hair does not look like this now..

DSC00033.jpg

and yes I know it's pants quality! It was only to show my mate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Please note, this is a picture of me standing in front of an old mirror 2 years ago :p *cringe* and my hair does not look like this now..

DSC00033.jpg

TBH, that isn't that bad, not slaggish, just very plain. Accidentally went to Gorbys a few weeks ago on a saturday.....if you wanna talk about slaggish!

My Fashion mistakes, black shirts and thinking they make me look good, when I was 18 and going clubbing.

Now I am all about the shorts and t-shirt! :D

Slaggish to me! Well short and it had that awful mini bubble hem :/

Gorbys...dude don't go there! Black shirts are nice!

DSC00033.jpg

Ah would you shurup Vinta! That's nice on ya.

I think it's the fact that we think our clothes are cringe, but others may like them. Last week for instance, I had to wear old clothes because all my clothes were in the wash. I hated them but I had nothing else.

Loadsa people complimented me saying "I miss that on you, that's a lovely top, it suits ya" I might start wearing some of them again.

Wow, big off topic ramble there.

Let's gloss over that photo now...:o

I know, I sometimes randomly dig out "old" clothes, old favourites :p

Anyways, back on topic!

Just reminding me. I need to hit PENNEYS to pick up some clothes.

And give my old clothes to charideeee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Used to wear bandanas constantly as I was growing up. Despite growing up in the 90s, I tended to wear a lot of 80s throwback clothes largely made of spandex or Lycra.

After a horrid high-collor "Von Trapp"-style nightdress when I was 6, my worse fashion diaster would have to be when I discovered hollo-print t-shirts.
    At one point, I had a white shirt with a silver/rainbow sparkle puppy on the front, a denim skirt and lurid pink leggings.

Then, I discovered grunge and goth.

The grunge wasn't too bad- nothing worse than a tomboyish ensemble of plain black vest/t-shirt under a plaid shirt and jeans that were literally falling apart. Possible one of the more comfortable clothing trends. I still dress grunge-y today, though the plaid shirts are a tad more girly...

As for being Goth, just imagine if Jo Brand and Robert Smith had a daughter. That about sums it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Short denim cut-offs worn with leopard print tights underneath and cowboy boots.

And a trilby.

Last year.

In winter.

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Pretty much anything I wore up until about a year ago.

Everything before I was allowed pick my own clothes :D Then when I did pick my own I was a disgrace :)

Only getting real proper style in the last couple of years!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Trouserers that were tied at the front and then clip at the back, with no seams at the sides. Horrendous really. A bit like Cowboy leathers...only jeans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Stupid oversized baggy clothes + I use to wear those hoodies with band names on em when I was a teenager. cringe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Just stuff I got as a pre-teen in the late 80s, when I was starting to get into fashion.
    The list is too long - if you've seen River Island's latest range, that's a fair indication...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Clementine

When I was 16 a friend talked me into buying a purpley gold mini skirt and black bandeau type top to wear to a party. I still can't believe that I wore it, I have never felt so uncomfortable in my life. And my Dad caught me coming home in it, I still feel the shame...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Fila/lecoq sportif jumpers and basically pretty much everything out of champion sports except for the adidas originals stuff that i wore when i was like 10-12.

i look back now and cringe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Sooo many to choose from: top of the list have to be either a shiny black ankle length skirt with a slit all the way up the side coupled with a purple sparkly boob tube that I wore with lots of body and hair glitter :rolleyes: or alternatively skin tight navy flairs with designs going from my knees to ankles and matching top :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Fila/lecoq sportif jumpers and basically pretty much everything out of champion sports except for the adidas originals stuff that i wore when i was like 10-12.

i look back now and cringe.
    +1! I wore alot of the same stuff in my teens, these days i own one cotton tracksuit and will have one from my hurling club soon so thats allowed:P

These days i tend to look at a more broader option of clothing...which reminds me i need to buy some new stuff soon:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Stella777

This thread would be much better if people would post old photos of themselves wearing the cringe-worthy outfits. Who wants to go first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Basically anything I wore in 80's and early 90's. I stand by anything I wore from age 15 onwards!

When I was a teenager I used to dress like a bloke, this was before Irish men discovered hair gel and topshop btw (See Father Ted). I even used to wear boxers and aftershave.
    Yeah I forget what that was about. :confused:

To be brutally honest though. I still haven't got into the whole caring about what I wear phase yet.
    It is on the to do list...honest! :o

Moonbaby wrote: »
    It is on the to do list...honest! :o

About time!

• Advertisement

About time!

Bah slick city boy, vanity doesnt get you far around these parts! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Purple skin tight at the top, flared at the bottom trousers, with a purple puffa jacket in exactly the same colour worn with purple spice girl shoes from Buffalo (you know the ones with the white four inch soles?)

I was only 14 but still *cringe*

Just as I see watnas reply I remembered when I was about 16 the Spice boots were out and I got a greeny bluey pair, wore them with purple jeans and a green y blue jumper the same colour as the boots - I wore that to a non uniform day in school :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

I went through a hippy phase of coloured stuff. Tied dyed t shirts, Very colourful wooly jumpers. Flares. Ugh It was gross on me. I dunno what I was like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

A really shiny lime green shirt which I wore to my first school disco thinking I was the bomb :)

Those rip away track bottoms.

I had some super dodgy turtle necks and horrible stone washed jeans. Oh and WAIST COATS! Went through a serious phase of those, and not the Victoria Beckham type :(

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭miaowsky

Coloured cycling shorts and a massive oversized t-shirt

Hideous red cords and a mustard hand made jumper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 notmyname79

There are too many to mention

In the 80s: http://www.wow-tube.ru/view.php?video=1jfBGhWo760&feature=youtube_gdata&title=Mr.+T+on+80%27s+Fashion
    I wore bad faded black jeans, that had turned grey (there was a recession),
    Ski pants, (Remember them?) with the knees all saggy, and there was always the question " wiil i wear these with the straps inside the shoe or outside?

coolottes ? those baggy floaty skirt looking trousers that came to the knee.
    Huge sailor type collars on my best sunday blouses, maybe accompanied by a large pearly broach with chains hanging down fastened at the top button of the blouse..
    Lots of fur, bought by my parents on the annual two week trip to spain, fur waistcoats ,fur muffs, fur hats and jackets.

In the 90s
    I wore shiny flares with dragon print design, worn over spice boots with a stretchy top that prob had a horizontal slit over the cleavage area.
    Hair mascara .
    Those tight trousers that came to just below the knee (cant remember name)
    mini skirts or greyhound skirts with knee high boots in suede and a platform sole.
    Hotpants with shiny shiny fleshcoloured tights and knee boots teamed with a very stylish bellytop! http://sunshinestatevintage.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/buffy-the-vampire-slayer_l.jpg

Early nineties was gypsy skirts, doc martins and velvet hats with tiny bits of mirror sewn all over ( Remember Blossom on tv) http://pocketchange.become.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/blossom-mayim-bialik-then.jpg

Those tight trousers that came to just below the knee (cant remember name)

Those would be pedal pushers :D I had loads of them :o

What are pedal pushers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

What are pedal pushers?

3/4 length leggings, pretty much.

• Advertisement
Advertisement