Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NZ Working Visa

Options
  • 06-02-2010 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I am about to apply for my Working Visa for NZ - what online company would you recommend? Also, on arrival in NZ do immigration check your account balance??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭iguana2005

i applied a few years back direct from nz immigration - just look them up. print out a form and their headquarters this side of the world is in London. No they dont check your bank balance on arrival - you only send a copy of it with your application.
    good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ekwi

Thanks, have applied via the NZ immigration site, fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭pclancy

No need to use any company except immigration themselves.

I didn't get checked when I came through customs, they just stamped my passport and said welcome to New Zealand :) I know it says you must have evidence of being able to support yourself but i've never heard of anyone actually having to produce that evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ekwi

That's good to hear. Will be doing seasonal work on arrival so will be surviving without the account of thousands. Wont be on NZ customs uncovered show for tv3 - Irish girl arrested!
    Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Delorian

ekwi wrote: »
    That's good to hear. Will be doing seasonal work on arrival so will be surviving without the account of thousands. Wont be on NZ customs uncovered show for tv3 - Irish girl arrested!
    Thank you.

Congrats on making the step, I think you'll prolly love it here. Regarding the money thing, I did print out my last two statements and I think I was ready to hand them over at the airport, but I'm not sure the official looked at them. Seems to be a little trickier now than when I came here (8 months ago now) so it might be a good idea to get some money in and print out a statement rather than have hassle after a long flight, although as pclancy says, I've never heard of anyone being stopped.

• Advertisement
Advertisement