Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Come dine with me - want to try it

Options
  • 06-02-2010 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41,066 ✭✭✭✭

Would anyone be interested in doing a form of the come dine with me show around the Greystones/Charlesland area?

In case anyone doesn't know -
    Come Dine With Me is a Channel 4 television programme shown in the United Kingdom, first broadcast in January 2005. The show has five (sometimes four) amateur chefs competing against each other hosting a dinner party for the other contestants. Each competitor then rates the host's performance with the winner winning a £1,000 cash prize. [1]

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Clodagh84

That sounds like a fantastic fun event, Johnny!

• Registered Users Posts: 41,066 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

obviously the 1000 thing is for TV and not suggested for this

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lizOn

Hi there
    I'd be very interested in hearing from anyone who has tried hosting Come Dine With Me parties - were they a success and how did you manage the voting and prize money etc.
    Thanks, Liz

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Car2318

I absolutely love the programme and think it would be a great idea.
    Don't think there should be a prize fund though - except pure pride!! :)

I know a few friends who did this with random acquaintances and it worked very well. Appears its better if you don't know the guests too well.

ok - anyone interested?, would not be suggesting prizes just a meal

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

We're trying this with 3 other couples, first one starting this coming Saturday.
    For the prize, what we said is that the 3 losers will pay for a dinner out, where the winner will choose.

Another twist to these type of dinner parties is that the couple/person hosting the dinner party chooses a country as the inspiration for the style of food served. For Example: Spanish, French, Mexican etc, and the guests bring the drinks appropriate for the region being celebrated!

Ok, great but is anyone interested?

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Car2318

Yeah, my husband and/or I would enjoy giving it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

Good luck with this .. great idea but forgive me... I keep thinking Pampass Grass and car keys :eek:

*scuttles off to bold corner*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Yep, it is. It's a coded covert wife swapping ring:)

cuddlycavies I was thinking swingers not wife swapping ... there is a difference ...

lol

Oooo, count me in if that`s the case...about time there was one in Greystones... can we do the dinner party afterwards.. I will be starvin` :D

Clodagh84 what car keys do you have ...

Wishing you the best of luck with it seriously :)

Clodagh84 what car keys do you have ...

Wishing you the best of luck with it seriously :)

They are the keys that have "Pick me, Pick me!!" written on the keyring :D

Seriously though, if I was permanently in Greystones, I would be very interested in doing the Come Dine With Me gig.

Car2318 wrote: »
    Yeah, my husband and/or I would enjoy giving it a go.

Anyone else?

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MIDNITE39

COUNT ME IN ANY THING FOR LAUGHT WILL TRAVEL TO ANY WHERE IN IRELAND CLARE MAN

MIDNITE39 wrote: »
    COUNT ME IN ANY THING FOR LAUGHT WILL TRAVEL TO ANY WHERE IN IRELAND CLARE MAN
    Eh - not sure if this would work as the idea is for locals, unless you're planning
    to host everyone in Clare

Terry Pratchet

anyone else?

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement