Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3D cinema in Kilkenny

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

fabbydabby wrote: »
    Clever, but I would much prefer if James Cameron devoted more attention to tricking my brain into perceiving the story line as original, well conceived and engaging.

LMAO :D

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Kilkenny Omniplex is advertising as having 3D cinema, now, it says in the kk people that Alice in Wonderland is being shown in 3D in kilkenny . . ..

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭SilverSparkle

I notice that today too.. Is it a miss print or is it true?

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

ya seen that too, but it's on entertainment.ie and omniplex.ie as 3D also so must be, they were suppose to up grade kilkenny to 3D must be after happening :D

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭SilverSparkle

I was talking to someonte who works there and they said that they have finally gotten a 3D projector but it'll be a week or so before it is up and running properly or something.... result!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Lord ButterSlip

This is a bad place to say this but, I dont like 3D and i dont think it improves the film in anyway. So I will always see the 2D version, just to avoid haveing to moan about something else.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

We're lucky to have 2D, the fkin state of the place.

Oft I yearn for my halcyon days attending the cinematograph on William street. All movies presented in anamorphic Technicolor and full 2.0 stereo sound for maximum entertainment. Boxes of fruit pastilles for 50p and if you weren't enjoying Mrs Doubtfire you could fire them off the balcony at the plebeians down in the stalls.

Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

3-D is fitted in screen 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Brian017

se conman wrote: »
    3-D is fitted in screen 1.

Have you been? Any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭nucking futs

Can you take the glasses with you at the end or do you give them back?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

Can you take the glasses with you at the end or do you give them back?

The sign says "Please" give them back!

Somebody's been watching a little too much South Park lately!

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

I went the other night and was charged 11.50 for a ticket and I didn't know why until she handed me the glasses.

I didn't care much for 3D beforehand but it's a pretty nice set up and I was pleasantly surprised by how unobtrusive 3D was. After a few minutes the novelty wears off though. If the film is the ****s there's no amount of 3D that's going to make it better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

00Blaine00 wrote: »
    Somebody's been watching a little too much South Park lately!

Funnily enough, I actually first heard it on a movie review on Matt Cooper before either that South Park or Avatar itself had been released. Cameron freely admits it himself anyway.

Went to see "Clash Of The Titans" tonight, my first film to see in 3D.

Film was absolute rubbish, and the "3D" was terrible. The novelty wore off after 10 mins and at times I couldn't tell the difference when I took the glasses off. Out of the whole film I think there was about 3 minutes of noticeable 3D effects.

I think the only films that will benefit from it is the likes of Shrek etc. There was a trailer of the newest one which looked pretty good in 3D, too bad it was followed by a rubbish film that was an €11.50 rip off!

Advertisement