Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Up the Deise

• 06-02-2010 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Lads,

Anyone know why the Up The Deise forum has been closed? Just clicked on and it seems to be dead. Real pity, I used it occasionally to check on all the goings on down home plus the hurling. It will be missed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Id like to know this too, It has been like that all week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Someone in work says that the fella that owns it just closed teh forum section. Cant remember if there was a reason. I do believe a lot of the users have migrated to the mad blaa.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MFZ

Dear UpTheDeise Visitor,

The message board aspect of UpTheDeise.com has been closed for personal reasons.

The rest of the site is currently undergoing a revamp so please call back soon.

In the meantime, here are some links that may be of interest to you:
    Whatever "personal reasons" are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

He was worried about getting sued,some of the posters comments were getting out of hand.That's what he said himself earlier in he week in a post anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

The fella that runs mad blaa seems to be decent enough but the majority of posters there are scumbags so I wouldn't go newar the place.

Odds are 1/2 that Up the deise is back up in some form within the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Speak Now

The fella that runs mad blaa seems to be decent enough but the majority of posters there are scumbags so I wouldn't go newar the place.

Odds are 1/2 that Up the deise is back up in some form within the week.

:eek: you're joking....he's the worst thing about the place.

In fairness to him he must put some time and effort into he running the place but anytime someone has a difference opinion to him the thread seems to go down the "ask yer mudder" or "ask yer sister" route.

Edit...sorry just noticed you wre talking about mad blaa, i was talking about up the deise...sorry again.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Jesus, UTD is closed. A sad day for internet users in Waterford, IMO. That was one wild website, used by many deise folks over the years. Hope wellboy returns with something great. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

are you not a deise head sully,,,i was under the impression you were cause your modding the waterford forum:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

are you not a deise head sully,,,i was under the impression you were cause your modding the waterford forum:)

Yes.. but.. how does that effect UTD? :P

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'd tend to agree with "personal reasons" being because of perhaps potential legal problems he could bring upon himself for comments made,

People think the internet is like the wild west and you can say what you want without any comeback, however its far from that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

oi I use that place and Im not a scumbag. Ya fecker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

seanybiker wrote: »
    oi I use that place and Im not a scumbag. Ya fecker.
    I wont have any lies on our forum seany :)

Ziedth. wrote: »
    ha ha cheeky monkey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

I never read stuff in the general Waterford discussion but the GAA forum on UTD was an absolute shambles. It was decent enough a few years ago but then a few muppets took over and it never really recovered since. It's unfortunate but not surprising given some of the stuff posted there in the past could have very well been libelous.

The sad part is closing the forum didn't necessarily have to be the answer. The place just needed a big clean-up which would meen a lot more (visible) mods and instant bans to many, many trolls active there. If that had been done there'd be no reason why it couldn't have gone to be as successful as some of the other GAA county forums, but it's just a pity the owner didn't have the foresight to carry it out.

FWIW, a few of the well-mannered posters on UTD have migrated to the Waterford discussion thread in the GAA forum here and so far it's been a great success, so at least there's still somewhere to talk about Waterford hurling without being inundated by idiots.

cian said on his facebook he probably would be willing to sell the site. He is keeping up the blog part of the site. Id say it will be back eventually in some sort of capacity.

OMG only noticed now that Sully thanked you for that. Surely a moderator shouldnt be calling members scumbags. Disgraceful. I hope the 2 of ye step in really smelly dog poo and it gets right into the grips on your boots/shoes/runners :D

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

Sad to see UTD Forum not operating. I think it is a super website for all things Waterford related.

Bluezar wrote: »
    Sad to see UTD Forum not operating. I think it is a super website for all things Waterford related.

A load of the members are after joing upthedeise on facebook. tis mad putting faces to names.

If there was anything on UTD that you think should be introduced here, let me know and ill see if it can be arranged. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

A load of the members are after joing upthedeise on facebook. tis mad putting faces to names.

Haha, I hope you're not forgetting that it's still doppleganger week on Facebook...UTD wasn't actually run by Dougal :D

• Advertisement

Daysha wrote: »
    Haha, I hope you're not forgetting that it's still doppleganger week on Facebook...UTD wasn't actually run by Dougal :D

ha ha ha I couldnt find anyone that looked like me. dougal was funny though. I only seen pics of Cian, I dont think he looks like Dougal. Meh ah well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

It's no loss. And its hard to sympathy with the site owner being worried about legal claims considering the style and content of a lot of his own posts. There is an easy answer to avoid being sued, run a tight and fair ship. Funnily enough the people on that forum often critisised the moderation on Boards.ie while at the same time allowing racist biased and even bigoted nonsense to be posted over there.

The GAA section was by and large an embaressment to any decent county supporter and hurling person. Childish drivel such as 'yer mudder' would very often be posted as a counter argument to a good point made.

I dont follow G.A.A at all so dont know what that part of the site was like to be honest. Its easy to criticise other people though. im sure we all said something that we shouldnt have over the years. im after saying 1000's of things i sholdnt have but sure tis only the interweb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I dont follow G.A.A at all so dont know what that part of the site was like to be honest. Its easy to criticise other people though. im sure we all said something that we shouldnt have over the years. im after saying 1000's of things i sholdnt have but sure tis only the interweb.

Agreed and as I said in my post above that site regulary took the mick out of this one cause of the strong moderation here. You reap what you sow imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I really feel like i've missed something. I haven't heard of UTD, as for things from that site to this i like the idea of a facebook cross-over!

I really feel like i've missed something. I haven't heard of UTD, as for things from that site to this i like the idea of a facebook cross-over!

we had a vote to tell ya about ti and decided we didnt like ya lol. Only messing. the place was good. I enjoyed it anyways.
    ya never know, it might be back. just have to wait and see I suppose.

lads I dont mind the taking the piss but Im a little pissed off with sully thanking a post that more or less said Im a scumbag. I am for from a scumbag.going by boards rules I can imagine I could report sully for thanking a post saying Im a scumbag. Im not gonna report it cos its only a small thing. Yeah I do condone hitting people who are in the wrong. That dont make me a scumbag though. Ah **** it. If ye think im a scum bag its your opinion.

lads I dont mind the taking the piss but Im a little pissed off with sully thanking a post that more or less said Im a scumbag. I am for from a scumbag.going by boards rules I can imagine I could report sully for thanking a post saying Im a scumbag. Im not gonna report it cos its only a small thing. Yeah I do condone hitting people who are in the wrong. That dont make me a scumbag though. Ah **** it. If ye think im a scum bag its your opinion.

Unless I am mistaken, but the OP was joking. It was funny and I think your responses seemed to indicate that.

I dont think your a scumbag Seany. They cant use the internet anyway :P

Anyway, iv removed my "Thanks" and apologies if it offended.

Sully wrote: »
    Unless I am mistaken, but the OP was joking. It was funny and I think your responses seemed to indicate that.

I dont think your a scumbag Seany. They cant use the internet anyway :P

Anyway, iv removed my "Thanks" and apologies if it offended.
    ah mate put your thanks back. I wasnt offended. I just still have the "my family being cops" problem is all.
    Im far from a scumbag but I know slaps is all some people understand. Put the thanks back up bud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

methinks the two fe ye should get a room :D

Advertisement