Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone know whats happened to boards uk

Options
  • 06-02-2010 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

its been off line since the great boards.ie crash of january '10

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,308 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Since the hack the main aim is to get boards.ie and adverts.ie back up and running properly. For example, as you've probably seen, there are still quite a few posters who haven't got their main user accounts back yet. The peripheral sites, including boards.co.uk are on the list, but they're not quite as high priority so it might be a little while yet before they're back I'm afraid. We do appreciate everyone's patience while all this is being sorted, hopefully it won't be too much longer before things are back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Zaph wrote: »
    Since the hack the main aim is to get boards.ie and adverts.ie back up and running properly. For example, as you've probably seen, there are still quite a few posters who haven't got their main user accounts back yet. The peripheral sites, including boards.co.uk are on the list, but they're not quite as high priority so it might be a little while yet before they're back I'm afraid. We do appreciate everyone's patience while all this is being sorted, hopefully it won't be too much longer before things are back to normal.

<thumbs up>

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Hi irish-stew, glad to see you post about this :) Just so you know, I've been in touch with Conor about this and he has said that he hasn't forgotten about the site. As you can imagine, there's a lot of work going on with helping people recover their passwords here and making this site secure.

On top of that however, the lads will need to make sure that boards.org.uk is also completely up-to-date and secure before allowing it to go live again.

I'll try to keep you updated via this thread or PM. In the meantime there is a boards.org.uk refugees thread in the Living Abroad forum, started by Fysh :)

Advertisement