Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircoms Zyxel P-660HW-T1 v3 PORT FORWARDING

• 06-02-2010 10:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭

Has anyone figured out how to Port Forward on this router?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

Is it different from the previous versions?

portforward.com has guides for loads of zyxel modems, including the V2 model...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭iknorr

Yeah i tried that. Its a different version. They dont have the eircom routers on there.

I tried the manual , repeated it many time. Still nothing. Its extremely annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

iknorr wrote: »
    Has anyone figured out how to Port Forward on this router?

first - go to Network > Local Network > Client List

you will see all your PCs / networked devices there

under the reserve column tick all to keep that IP address reserved for that device (sort of like setting up static IPs)
    if you have several make a note of them

then Security > Firewall > set to LOW

then Network > NAT > Port Forward tab

Under Service Name select 'User Define'
    Then tick 'Active',
    enter Service Name (to identify it eg CODWAW2),
    enter the start & end ports (prob will be the same port),
    the the IP of the pc you want to fwd the port to

click apply

I had to do the above & set up several separate rules for codwaw2 to get open NAT.

you can also try enabling uPnP under Advanced.

Thanks, it was the reserved part i messed up...

erm do i have to do this for all games?

ports keep reverting to closed.

None of my devices on the network can see each other. Tversity wont work, sharing doesnt work. port forwarding doesnt work.
    I even disabled the firewall and still nothing.
    Is anyone else having trouble with this router?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mr.cutter

hi i did all that but there is no Port Forward tab in the NAT

can anyone help?

Hmmm see the attachment.

Contacted eircom, they dont understand.
    I tried a bt voyager modem....everything works perfect without fiddling with any settings.

this modem is a bucket of sh*t,

Iv been using different modems and they all work fine except for this one. Its definitely firmware related.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

mr.cutter wrote: »
    hi i did all that but there is no Port Forward tab in the NAT

can anyone help?

Make sure under the NAT settings that you have SUA ticked, you should be able to see port forwarding then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Have you tried the following:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Simple_Port_Forwarding_d5996.html

Fully automated.

It covers various Eircom routers and worked fine for me last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭thomashood10

Did anyone find a fix for this..

I have the exact same problem, and I'm just trying to enable FTP.

I found some remote management setting that forwards telnet (23).
    So it is possible for the router to forward ports.

The software seems to be a pile of crap though.

Trying that simple port program, but I'd like to know if anyone managed to solve this

EDIT; Tried the program and it told me the ports were open, scanned the WAN ip and the ports are still closed except for telnet, this is a joke. Way to go eircom you clearly tested this router to your usual standard of excellence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 mrfreddred

Having exactly the same problem here and will probably revert back to the old Netopia. What a pathetic way of rolling out new modems ...Outsource, reduce costs ... cheap as chips.... keep going Eircom and long time customers like me are delighted to move to cheaper and faster like Imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Heljic

Hey, I recently joined Eircom about a month ago and they sent me this ZyXel crap, I was hoping for the Netopia as now I see new isn't always better. I keep loosing connection every few minutes to seconds and I'm getting really angry. If Eircom don't fix this, I am going down to their HQ, throw this router on the ground and stomp on it, walk off and join WiMax :)

Now the port forwarding thing might have worked for me but I'm not sure though. Did what some of you guys said a few minutes ago and I think now its all ok :D

Let's see how long it lasts :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12 cptlongnostrils

i dont see the point of setting the firewall to low. Isnt that defeating the purpose? I have onr of these routers -not with eircom firmware but looks similar enough.Anyway i have to make a firewall rule also- importantly set it to accept traffic from WAN -> LAN.
    It works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Are there any recommendation for a replacement router to use (i.e. if you were going to buy any router to replace the crap Eircom one) ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 electromech

i bought a net gear router, no use with out a cable modem and you need a cable driven connection, advice is look into it big time. i bought mine from a guy off adverts and it works but no modem. buy the two in one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Positiv

IMHO

The zyxel is a far superior device to all previous non-upgraded netopias.

Yes the device is firmwared for stability & it's features will benefit most users provided they have the ability, or know someone who has, to configure the unit.

Plenty of advice out there if you google it.

If you have a netopia, make sure it has the latest firmware.
    If you have one more than 2 years, ask for the new one.
    At least it's default settings wont allow "guests" in on your "precious" bandwidth :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac: with the help of lyrics taken from the song 'Third Stone from the Sun' by Jimi Hendrix.

Cheers,

Ex. Eircom Customer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭j14

I have this Router and I cannot get an open NAT on it to use my xbox properly.

I've been onto customer support, in India of all places, 6 times now and they dont know how to change the NAT from Moderate to Open.

I see that "positiv" has mentioned that the solution to this can be found all over the internet but I've been at it for two weeks now and still no joy.

I have been onto portforward.com but they do not have a solution for the V3 model only the V2.

Nothing seems to work.

Is there anywhere out there with a step by step guide how to get this router to let me use my xbox online properly?

Sorry for the rantyness of this post.

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Positiv

:mad:
    Rant away, get it out of your system.

Reset the box.

As mentioned in this thread Set it to SUA Mode in the NAT Tab, setup your port mapping , Set Firewall to low (or off to be sure for testing), and check the NAT ing from another internet connection.

The zyxel seems to route "outside" calls to the internal lan when you need to test it works from the wan side.

HTH

Positiv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Hey guys I just got one of these today as my old netopia broke. I went on today set my firewall to low and went on mw2 on my xbox ( I don't play it anymore ) to see what my nat type was and it said open. Is this a fluke? or will it stay like this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 raymoreb123

Hi This Models work for port forwarding ,trying to sort this issue out for 5 weeks now never gave up ,i came out to be success 12 ports open all functioning, for high end application,i give it 100 percent,
    how i did it ? simple !easy !
    Network >>>>>Nat , Sua only tick, activate d nat button then
    >>>>>>>>> click on Portforwarding tab>>>>>>>>>> go to www change to user define >>>add>>>>>>>>>>Rule set up click active >>>>>service name ur chhosen name>>>>>start port/end port must be the same>>>>>
    then ur server ip:ip address of ur device then click apply.
    >>>on the new page >> click apply and you are nearly done. i think plug ur device in >>>>then go to firewall and switch it off >>>>>>>>>the most important thing >>>>>>>> Reboot your router ,then your ports should be opened,
    Note if your application requires static ip you need to register and ,users and pass in to the dynamic section of this router ,it works perfectly,please register and say thank you if this info is useful for you

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭nordine

iknorr wrote: »
    ports keep reverting to closed.

None of my devices on the network can see each other. Tversity wont work, sharing doesnt work. port forwarding doesnt work.
    I even disabled the firewall and still nothing.
    Is anyone else having trouble with this router?
    Hi iknorr,

Im having the exact same problem, my xbox and my laptop can not connect to each other through this router, the xbox does not even pick up the laptop with a search.

Al was fine with the netopia router.

Did you ever find a solution for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭illingworth22

Anyone got the exact latest firmware version for this modle? Oh and the modle number?
    I heard that Eircom supply 2 types of this modem, one is for VIOP and the other bog standard Tinternet.... Is this correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭illingworth22

Which model number is the Zyxel Router Eircom supply?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Orson100

Edit: Posted below to the wrong thread, ,sorry, related to Zyxel but not the correct issue.

Hi, I am jumping on this thread from this one due to the large amount of contributors here on the off-chance that some more info has come the way of anybody since the last post.

I am not optimistic however, clealry the issue appears to be with the hardware.

As per my post, my disconnects are prompted by what appear to be regular and full unrequested physical resets of the router.

Is this what is or was happening to the people affected by these disconnection events? Maybe my problem is slightly different in nature?

Whatever happens, looks like a call to Eircom is unavoidable. It's a completely Lose/Lose situation for all concerned in any event, what with the lost productivity caused by the fault itself as well as the couple of hours spent trouble-shooting and researching the issue, capped off by another hour (if I am lucky) explaining the issue to Eircom call centre in the hope that I can wrangle a non-Zyxel box worth a mere fraction of my lost time from them.

Does anybody know if they have any non-Zyxel boxes at the moment?

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

hi if you want nat 1 with eircom ps3 or xbox 360 use the pppoe setting user name eircom password broadband1 .There also on router a nat click on it look for xbox line enable it and same with psn.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

Sorry for the bump but I'm having some problems with this router aswell.
    Couldn't seem to get the NAT open and now the router won't recognise my Xbox at all. The Xbox is the new model and works on a wireless N connection if thats any help at all.
    Anyone got a simple "router guide for dummies" out there?:p

A basic step by step would be greatly appreciated lads, thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 27 fr_ted

hi balfe1990

what port are you trying to open.
    I think there are a good few required for xbox.
    like 80 , 88 , 3074, 53
    point it to your xbox ipaddress
    make sure you have reserved the ip addres in the dhcp client list

hope this helps

on another point if you are trying to check the ports are open from you own lan you need to enable nat loopback on the router via the telnet login

Cheers
    T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 joec804

im haveing the same problem with my router its the black one xbox live keeps dis connect on me every ten to fifteen mins any idea how 2 stop it from doing it need help tanx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Torrard08

Finally got my NAT setting to "Open" on Fifa 11 and Black Ops on Xbox 360 with ZyXel P660 Hw-T1 v3 Router. Eircom is my ISP.

Basically I followed the Points from Port Forwarding.com

Firstly, Using Port Forwarding to point me in the direction I gave my Laptop a "Static IP" address.

Secondly, I went into my Router (192.168.1.254) and selected "NAT" then the "Port forward" tab at the top.

In the box "www" select the drop down arrow and select "user define". The page will change to the "Rule set up" page.

Insert a "tick" in the "Active" Box.
    In the "Service Name" box I put "Name1"
    In the "Start Port" box I put "3074"
    In the "End Port" box I put "3074"
    In the "Server IP Address" box I put the IP address of my Xbox.
    Click "Apply"
    This is where I went wrong. I kept putting my laptops Static IP address into the "Server IP address".

I did the exact same thing with 6 other ports. I have seven in total.

I created Ports for:

Apparently these ports are relative to Xbox and Gaming etc.

Also make sure your firewall is set to Low.

Ive literally only got this set up so Im not sure of any other issues that some of you are experiencing like getting dumped out after 10 or 15 mins, hopefully I dont have any of those issues.

Im no Pc geek. This took me a very frustrating few hours of researching on the web and a couple of phone calls to eircom, who were absolutely No Help whatsoever relating to this issue.

Ive never set up ports before and I was a bit anxious about attempting it but from reading the Port Forward.com site its pretty simple enough once you take your time to read it and check out your router settings.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement