Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircoms Zyxel P-660HW-T1 v3 PORT FORWARDING

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 CCTV_Ireland

The P660HW uses the standard Zyxel layout, it is similar to even their high end boxes. It is far superior to the Netopia routers, but is a little harder to program as it is a more professional unit.

There are two separate items that need to be setup:

1. Create a Port forwarding rule and add a Custom Service within it in custom firewall settings. DO NOT set this to low. DO NOT forget to remove "any" from LAN IP address and service.
    2 NAT. This is the easy bit just add the necessary port/ports and point it to the IP address of your server/XBox/PS3 or whatever. It's best if you assign them a static IP address, but some people just use the "reserved" address in LAN setup, but this can cause conflicts later.

You only need ports 88 and 3074 for XBox live gaming. The other ports refer to media streaming/file sharing and other non-gaming non-XBOX live functionality

You can download the full user manual here:

http://www.cctvireland.ie/download/Zyxel-Eircom-P-660HW-T1-V2-Full-User-Manual.pdf

I set up a lot of Zyxel boxes, I'm a Zyxel reseller/partner

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Darragh18

Hi im just wondering could you help me because you have your knowledge i also have this modem so my problem is that my internet keeps going down quiet often maybe 2 to 3 times a day. and then my second problem is that i wanna change my Nat settings from moderate to open for my xbox 360. 3rd also involves my xbox 360 every lets say hour to hour and half my internet would kick me off xbox live and does it everytime without fail if you could please help i would very much appreciate it

Thanks Darragh

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭ambient.air

I am having the same problems with "P-660HW-T1 v3"

It is the router itself as the Natopia one worked fine.

Any ideas?

thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭ambient.air

They have seemed to fixed the problem in a fireware update but eircom requires you to contact support to update.

ibdKVKfNAVuNwW.PNG
    The above is the problem I was having with port forwarding, I port forwared it correctly but got "Request timed out".

DL:
    http://www.zyxel.com/support/download-search.shtml?product=&mtype=&keyword=P-660HW-T1+v3&submit=Submit#

P-660HW-T1 v33.70(BJZ.10)C0Jun 13, 20111MBUS | Europe
    ftp://ftp.zyxel.com/P-660HW-T1_v3/firmware/P-660HW-T1 v3_3.70(BJZ.10)C0.zip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,402 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Have you all looked at THIS Guide?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

hello
    has anyone tried the update or does it work to make port forward possible

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Sools

Port forwarding.com

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

Vodafone user the same router , I had to disable the firewall to get ssh working , just use a software firewall like http://www.zonealarm.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Darragh18

hi guys i have an eircom router and the security settings are set wpa-psk i was told if u change it to a static wep it willl stop disconnecting from xbox live is this true on zxyel router please let me no

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭versager

Have any of you guys trying out the port forwarding managed to get the Subsonic streaming music service running?
    If so, what are the steps to do so? I'm struggling to get it running properly:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Heljic

I laughed, rereading this thread. UPC is the place to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Andrei132

Sorry to bump this thread a year later, but I've been trying to port forward my xbox on this zyxel eircom router for a while now and it works fine up until I try to open up port 3074.When I click apply it says internal error at the bottom.Any ideas?

Advertisement