Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post savings account- how to empty it in one go?

Options
  • 06-02-2010 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have had a post office account since I was young. I have a book for it and the last time I used it was about 3 or 4 years ago. I now want to take all my money out of it and put it into my bank account. I have about 4500 euros saved.

How do I go about this?
    Will I have to withdraw over and over again?
    Also, can I get interest applied to it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,396 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think go in and talk to them (in a main branch) and find out their requirements. They may want notice. They may be able to do an electronic transfer for a sum that size, which would avoid some headaches. Certainly, people like to know that someone is going to make a large withdrawal and that they need to set money aside. They may insist on photo ID.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

Unless things have changed in the last year, I had to fill in an application form and send it to head office in Dublin - a cheque was then sent out to me. This took about 10 days in total - they couldn't do an electronic transfer and the only other alternative offered was to take €600 out in cash per day :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

OP here, thanks guys. Think I'll just withdraw the €600 a day so.

Advertisement